VOW OF OBEDIENCE AND POVERTY

by Coded Logic 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

a thinking christian would have gotten up and walked out when presented with such bull.

Id have been appalled and insulted.

since when does God make you sign a contract written my men so they have the privilege of monitoring your progress to pump up their own egos

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters
    If I understand things correctly, this "religious order" is some legal thing that needs to be taken care of when a person willingly works for a long time without pay. Then they can't be called slaves, nor can the WT be sued for slavery.  (the irony!!)
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow
    lol, well not my men , darn keyboard and my eyes dont work great anymore. still cant find a way to edit a post...
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Yep, thats the vow i sogned when i went to bethel, as others have already commented.  I always took it as a matter of not being able to sue them for slavery.  They alsi made us sign a document conferring our bodies to them in the event we died while at bethel.  They said it was to make it easier to ship our remains home and circumvent new york city laws but....  Well lets just say im glad it never came up.
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit

6.  To turn over to the local organization of the Order all income received from any work or personal efforts in excess of my necessary living expenses, unless released from this vow by the Order;

what a bunch of greedy men

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

sowhatnow  you can edit posts by clicking on the icon at the bottom left of each post you make up until 30 minutes.

and I like your comment on  ...

Since when does God make you sign a contract written my men so they have the privilege of monitoring your progress to pump up their own egos.

Or where in the bible does it say to keep account of the time you spend preaching and how many pieces of literature you leave with people ? 

• label licker
    label licker

Their meaning of vow of poverty and materialistic things equals indoor swimming pools, outdoor pizza ovens, out door gazebos, tennis courts, paved walking trails, outdoor smoke house, vollyball sandpits, horseshoe pits, mini golf courses, zambonie  for their ice rinks, a complete gym work out room, esspresso machine for their meals, basketball court, beauty salon, laundry mat, music room, and the list goes on and on and on. And this is part of the tour they don't show the public. Forgot to include their friendly guard dogs and their food as well as their cats with their cat toys. Do any of you own all these? No, we just have to pay for it so they can have it on top of working and paying for our own bills at home.

Hypocrites!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Vow of obedience and poverty - the GB's 'vow of poverty' also enables them to live comfortably, and be financially secure for the rest of their lives as long as they don't commit murder or 'apostasy'

Nice gig if you can get it 

• prologos
    prologos

Your personal poverty does not prevent you from having friends and family that furnish you with items and services that only a hard working multi-millionair could afford.

Who needs the hassle to earn these things yourself, if it can be handed you on a platter, as part of the worship aka service due to you? 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit