Watchtower's April 9 BOE Confidentiality Letter - Child Abuse - Did Jane Doe lawsuit play a major part?

by SweetBabyCheezits 47 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Anony Mous
  • SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Sorry, I'm just getting back to this thread after a great Father's Day weekend.

Many thanks to Talesin, Yknot, Ann, and AnonyMous for the old BOE files and references! I've also downloaded the zipped TIFFs, AM.

Also, thank you to all who have participated so far in this discussion.

AndersonsInfo: FYI, the April 2012 letter didn't play as big a part in the trial as did the 1989 letter because it was in effect when Candace was molested. Mr. Simon was sent the April letter, which validated the "secrecy" issue that Mr. Simons was pressing, but it couldn't be used in the way the 1989 letter was used.

Just to clarify, Barbara, in my OP, I wasn't suggesting the April 2012 letter played a role in the trial.... but that the Conti vs WT proceedings may have prompted WT Legal to update their confidentiality letter - hence the one dated April 9, 2012.

Wow, so much to read through.... this will take a while.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

The problem is that we are not all privy to the verbal conversations between the legal dept. and any elders. Thats why I appreciated in that Dateline special that Bill Bowen taped a conversation with Legal. It was very telling in that conversation on how the WTS really feels..."I,d leave it in Jehovah's hands." Are they focking kidding! Thats the problem its what is verbally stated to the elders which doesnt always coincide with what is written. So it matters very little what all these letters are saying.

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

Here's a question: What is the Watchtower referring to when they say "4. Direction on handling child abuse matters can be found in separate correspondence."?? Does anyone have the separate correspondence?

• Rank&FileGuy
    Rank&FileGuy

Just read the April 9, 2012 letter to all Elders bodies. Just wondering if anyone has the seperate correspodence on handling child abuse matters that was cited in the letter? Any help is greatly appreciated.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Rank&FileGuy, have you read the rest of the thread? You may find what you need there. If not, specify what you are after.

• Rank&FileGuy
    Rank&FileGuy

It mentions on the first page, "4. Direction on handling child abuse matters can be found in seperate correspondence". What is this "seperate correspondence" they refer to here? Is it another letter sent out at the same time or after this letter?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

BTTT

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Oh I see, R&FG. This the list of correspondence prior to March 2004:

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

At a glance what is wrong about the Jehovah's Witnesses and their unique TWO WITNESSES take down.

As a regular practice or as a deliberate subterfuge to cover up wrong doing they require the testimony of two eyewitnesses to every act of,civil,criminal,scriptural wrongdoing.

The Watchtower Bible society leadership over extends the scripture at 2 Corinthians 13:1 (read it) and the two witness rule is selectively enforced with prejudice and favoritism.

Example-If a favorite ministerial servant assaults me they will require that I present two witnesses to the act.If I do the same they won't require it from him.

This two witness protocol permeates everything at the kingdom from pedophile crimes to gossip backstabbing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit