Watchtower's April 9 BOE Confidentiality Letter - Child Abuse - Did Jane Doe lawsuit play a major part?

by SweetBabyCheezits 47 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• yknot
    yknot

AGAIN FOR THOSE INTERESTED....PDF COPY.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8wvenf

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

thanks ynot

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

OK, the July 1, 1989 letter has been posted.

The Nov. 20, 1996 letter deals with vehicle accidents while out in the ministry where there has been a death or serious injury (call the Legal Dept.).

March 24, 2000 I do not have.

Sept. 27, 2004 is to do with recommending the discontinuation of advance courtesy calls to authorities/police about where JWs will be in the ministry and how many there'll be. If the local authority insists upon it, call Legal. Publishers shouldn't get into fights insisting on rights etc. if asked to leave the territory, inform the elders, call Legal. This superceded a directive/recommendation in a 2002 BOE letter. Boring stuff.

I don't have any of the other letters.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Oh thought I'd tell you ... if you go to http://apps.alameda.courts.ca.gov/domainweb/html/index.html (case no. HG11558324), you'll see some more court documents have been put on the Register of Actions section. Scroll down to the bottom. You all might find the Exhibit List Filed worth a peek.

• free @ last
  • EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I am waiting for a letter to be read to the congregations addressing this lawsuit. I wonder how soon they will send it out,if at all

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

marked

• Scully
    Scully

I have to wonder whether the announcement that so-and-so Is No Longer One Of Jehovah's Witnesses™ is a breach of minister-congregant confidentiality.

Y'know... since they're so eager to protect confidentiality.

• life is to short
  • AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

FYI, the April 2012 letter didn't play as big a part in the trial as did the 1989 letter because it was in effect when Candace was molested. Mr. Simon was sent the April letter, which validated the "secrecy" issue that Mr. Simons was pressing, but it couldn't be used in the way the 1989 letter was used.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit