Sportin' the Sparlock

by blond-moment 23 Replies latest social humour

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I got mine. Military green. It looks great!

My wife wants to get me another one for my B-Day!

• poppers
    poppers

The pedo story that just broke is going to take this Sparlock joke and put it waaaaaaaay on the backburner. In fact, might be a good time for the WT to have Sparlock disappear

What story is that? Got a link?

• mattishere
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

Okay, are you ready for an Experience TM ?

So I just received my tshirt this afternoon. I had to go to the store, so I thought, what the heck, I'll put it on. So no less than ten minutes after I received my shirt, I was at the meat counter at the supermarket and the butcher dude asked me, "Is that from a video game or something?" So I told him its a character created by the leadership of Jehovah's Witnesses to discourge kids from using their imagination...and he was like what??? So I explained briefly that it was from a children's video they made to teach that it is wrong to play with toys like this, anything with a magical fun theme like this, and he said, "And you support that?" And I said, "lol, no, this shirt is to protest that." And he said, "Ah, good, that sounds really petty of them." And btw I had this conversation in front of several people waiting to be served.

Anyway, I never really talked in public about JWs; I'm a real live-and-let-live person, and even when a JW comes to my door I politely tell them I'm not interested, so it was kind of a weird experience talking about JWs to strangers (a kind of reverse witnessing), but I guess this t-shirt is a conversation starter. Again, I wore the t-shirt no less than ten minutes before I was asked about it.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Leo, send a report for -15 minutes to Brooklyn!

• finally awake
    finally awake

Fist bump for Billy!! Just ROn wants to start reporting negative field service hours - will you be the designated Brother to conduct the meeting for unservice?

• darthfader
    darthfader

Leo.. great experience!

Billy... LOL

• Joshinaz
    Joshinaz

That is funny stuff. I got to get one!!!! :)

• Joshinaz
    Joshinaz

Could someone tell me how to get one of those T-Shirts?

• Black Sheep

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit