How the Shrinking of the Awake! has Affected Many!

by God_Delusion 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• baltar447
    baltar447

A friend of mine, who is now out himself used to read every issue as soon as they came out. I never read them cover to cover though.

• rocketman
    rocketman

In my experience, few Witnesses read the mags. Also, when conducting the book study, it was readily apparent that few had bothered to read the material (after all, it was read at the study anyway, so why bother?).

There's also hypocrisy at work, though not of the sinful kind, when someone goes to doors offering magazines that they themselves have not read. This never seemed to deter many Witnesses.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Many years ago I said that Awake! should be incorporated into Watchtower magazine. Should be printed monthly, contain each months study articles, the kingdom ministry and topical articles that would have appeared in Awake!

It should called Watchtower - The official magazine of Jehovah's Witnesses . It should only be available to the membership. Special leaflets could be printed worded to appeal to the public.

But what does an illiterate gladiator know?

• tinker
    tinker

I know one Jdub that read it cover to cover. She often declared she had the equivalance of a college education from reading the Awake for over 30yrs. :-/

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I always read the WT cover to cover but did not read the Awake except an occasional article. I was a serious student. I really thought I knew the truth of what the Bible taught through the WTS. What a joke on me!!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well as much as my wife whines about all of this, I rarely see her nose in an awake. When I was new to this and a spiritual puke, quite a number of us would go over the mags and review them for placing in service. As if we would ever place these in any significant amount

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

an elder spouted from the stage once, that when his came in the mail...he opened it and read it as if were a personal letter from Jehovah. I need to puke now. PS, never read a single mag from cover to cover.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea we all had one of those elders. i had a friend who insisted that when the mags would arrive, they always contained an answer for an issue he was dealing with. Joining u in puking

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

since we're discussing the Afake here, has anybody else heard that some of the articles published in the rag were written by some Sisters at Bethel? A former elder I know told me that.

• Quendi
    Quendi

Former Witness Barbara Anderson wrote articles for WTS publications. Check out her website for more details about her life and times at Brooklyn Bethel.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit