How the Shrinking of the Awake! has Affected Many!

by God_Delusion 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

The Watchtower Society never thinks things through. The halving of the Awake! magazine has had an adverse affect on many.

http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/awake-bloopers/awake-magazine-cut-to-16-pages/

Regards,
    Jaymes Payten (Teeny Pyjamas)

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Although the article says that the writer doesn't know any JW's who read the Awake! magazine from cover to cover, I know very many who do.

Good grief, I did myself, too. They read it avidly, discuss it in groups, share lovely titbits in cars as they go out, rehearse the way to bring each treasured page before different householders.

Sad, perhaps, but true.

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Really Chariklo? I know I used to say that I read them, but that was a lie. In fact, everyone I ever asked also honestly told me that they hadn't ever read one from cover to cover...

PS. I am the author

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

I knew where this was going from the start ROFMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Send the army of mentally disturbed witnesses to Jed's Pet Shop, and allow them to write 300 magazines placed! Let them be a hero for the month of June!

The pets will have a soft floor of crumbling magazines, the dubs a huge magazine placement count, everyone wins!

• steve2
    steve2

They read it avidly, discuss it in groups

Yeah right. What rarefied congregation did you belong to? One of the reasons the Watchtower succeeds in changing the doctrines is because few JWs bother to attend to the written word in any meaningful way. You pay too high a compliment to them. JWs are many, many things; but readers they ain't.

• blondie
    blondie

I read them, forewarned, forearmed. When I would go door to door the jws would say:

jw: I'm going to feature the Awake, less controversial, the covers on the WT turn people off

another jw: I never read the magazines, I just use the same presentation I have for 30 years.

another jw: at the door I just make it up what's in the magazine, they never read it

One day the Awake was about a difficult science topic that a brother felt he was qualified to get into a deep conversation at the door. The man was a university science professor and I could see that the man was holding back laughter, I was embarrased, I know enough science to know this brother was revealing his ignorance.

another jw: I make sure to read the study articles, the Awake is for non-jws. I'm so busy I can't read everything.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Although the article says that the writer doesn't know any JW's who read the Awake! magazine from cover to cover, I know very many who do.

I don't know any JW who ever read the publications as thoroughly as the "postates" here do!

WTS only wishes JWs would do so. In reality, it could cause many to wake up and walk out. WTS should be happy they are so lazy - they might discover TTATT.

Doc

• wasblind
    wasblind

" One day the Awake was about a difficult science topic that a brother felt he was qualified to get into a deep conversation at the door. The man was a university science professor and I could see that the man was holding back laughter, I was embarrased, I know enough science to know this brother was revealing his ignorance "

BWAA HA HA HA ( tAKES A DEEP BREATH ) AH HA HA HA ( lORD HAVE MERCY I CAN'T BREATH ), HA HA HA HA

Blondie, that is priceless

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The article is a bit of a spoof, yes ? I don't think O'Shea Jackson, better known as rapper Ice Cube runs a pet shop in North London named Kingdom Pets, if he did the better known Pets Kingdom would have a word or two to say about the name.

I can't think of a better use for the WT mags though !

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

What I wrote was true of the ones I knew. Remember, I had super-pioneer-Elderette indoctrinating me, plus pioneers in abundance taking me here and there door to door.

It was certainly true of that lot! And others that I knew....

...unless, of course, they faked it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit