Proof of the 75' incident

by iamwhoiam 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Around page 236. It is about halfway down a left hand page immediately after the subheading.

I had to visit a Jdub friend to find it as I trashed my litterature a long time back.

I got suspicious looks and the question "why are you reading the old publications", as if I was playing with myself in front of the kids.

HB

• blondie
  • ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

hamsterbait, Thanks for the information!

• Mickey mouse
  • Farkel
    Farkel

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/186676/1/1975-For-Deniers

It's had over 36,000 views. I lived through and witnessed it all. First-hand evidence is NOT heresay or rumor.

Farkel

• sir82
    sir82

I'm in my late 40's, "raised in the truth", and remember it quite well. But I suspect I'm about the youngest of those who have 1st-hand memories.

As has been noted, probably 80-90% of today's JWs did not experience it. As time progresses there will be fewer and fewer who remember.

Eventually it will fade into the backdrop of other JW disappointments like 1914, 1918, 1925, 1941....

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

(The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah - How? (book, 1971) p 216, par 9)

9 Shortly, within our twentieth century, the “battle in the day of Jehovah” will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom.

So, Armageddon, aka the “battle in the day of Jehovah," was supposed to begin sometime between 1971 and 2000.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I noticed the other day that somoene had posted somewhere here that we are already in the great tribulation.

Does anyone know how they work that one out?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Read the exchange between me and Terry near the end of this page. Eye opening.

We entered the jehooplas in 1974 and I was told to choose between mom and dad's churches. Mom's would mean I could live forever in a petting zoo and not be sick anymore. I asked if dad's would mean I could still celebrate xmas. She said yes but it doesn't matter because the petting zoo is coming before xmas comes next, so I wouldn't miss anything.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I clearly remember all the hype and anticipation surrounding 1975. I was a college student at the University of Alabama when I started studying with the Witnesses in November 1974. When "the critical year 1975", as the WTS called it, began anticipation was rising every day, especially at that summer's district conventions and even more so when Rosh Hoshanah, the Jewish New Year, approached in September. The 1 October 1975 issue of The Watchtower had articles that talked about the end of 6,000 years of human history and how significant that milestone should be.

But even after 1975 passed and many had left the organization, most hung on, believing that the additional time marked the period between the creation of Adam and Eve. Many of us believed that Armageddon would surely strike before the 1970s ran out. So we kept the flame burning and our hopes going. Then came "The Great Apostasy", or as I should now say, "The Great Purge" at Bethel and the focus of the organization shifted from waiting for Armageddon to cleansing the organization.

The majority of present-day Witnesses was born in or baptized into the organization long after 1975 had disappeared from the WTS's rearview mirror. So they never heard about all the hype and have assumed that no specific year other than 1914 has ever been targeted by the organization. But as Don Cameron, author of Captives of a Concept, put it so well, if these people had ever looked into the history of Jehovah's Witnesses, they would have ceased studying with them and broken all ties. As one "fader" told me two years ago, "I wish I had never heard of this religion." He's not the only one to feel that way.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit