How Will The Watchtower Handle Disclosure?

by metatron 20 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

For me, the disclosure of UFO's as being real is just matter of time. It's not a matter of any Mayan calendar or galactic alignment. It's simply the eventual outcome of increasing and increasingly bold UFO observations. At some point, they become ordinary, mundane , they interfere with air traffic and people see them as an annoyance that pop up in the background of countless photographs! It doesn't have to be 'The Day The Earth Stood Still' on the White House lawn......yet.

As sightings keep increasing, we will also get a steady escalation of authority that testifies to their reality. Today, it might be the Defense Minister of a 3rd world nation like Iran, tomorrow it will be a Prime Minister. Little by little....

There is a great unstated assumption that underlies Christianity. The philosophers of the Enlightenment knew about it. Christianity tends to fall apart unless we are alone as physical beings in the universe. Otherwise, what happens to the Ransom and Adam's sin? And vindicating God against Satan's accusations? Don't the "Greys" need Jesus?

I imagine that the Watchtower will simply talk about 'lying signs and wonders' from the demons and then just selfishly hold on to their thralls for as long as they can. Witness kids will catch on, though - they were brought up on StarWars and more. Years ago, a poster named "Prominent Bethelite" claimed that the WTS had a plan tucked away for just this scenario.

It's a fascinating time to be alive. I truly think we are moving by 'baby steps' into admitting that extraterrestrials exist. President Obama replied, "I can neither confirm nor deny" when asked about aliens recently. Will it really be many years before an American President drops the denial?

metatron

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i would love to believe in aliens, and when someone brings forth real emperical evidence that they exist, i will be on board with you.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Unidentified Flying Objects exist . . . that's an undeniable fact.

The only way to remove them from that category is by a positive identification. Categorising them as "extraterrestrial" is a little more difficult, but only needs one piece of evidence to show that they (it) can't have originated from this planet.

I agree that it's only a matter of time before one or both of the above occurs.

I also agree that WTS and any other fundamentalist belief will have to explain it within the limits of thier theology . . . they have nowhere else to go.

At that point, things will become very amusing. I hope I'm around to see it.

• scotoma
    scotoma

My family and few neighbors had a UFO experience. I never believed in them. But now I have absolutely no doubt. I've given up explaining it because people who know me and know that I am a rational person believe our experience but are basically dumbfounded. What can you say? All you can do is speculate on their intentions. I made my report like thousands of other on MUFON.

I don't believe in alien landings, crashes, abductions, animal mutilation, or anal probes. Those kinds of "Alien" experiences don't fit into what you would expect of visitors from an advanced civilization.

Just like we don't want species to go extinct I think there are alien's that have an interest in preserving sentient species. I think we will finally see their power at the point that we are in the process of destroying ourselves with nuclear weapons.

They will give us the least amount of information possible just so that we can get through that cosmic crisis. It will result in a reorientation of how humanity needs to be governed.

• j dubb
    j dubb

Paging Mr. Noory...Mr. George Noory...

I imagine that the Watchtower will simply talk about 'lying signs and wonders' from the demons and then just selfishly hold on to their thralls for as long as they can. Witness kids will catch on, though - they were brought up on StarWars and more. Years ago, a poster named "Prominent Bethelite" claimed that the WTS had a plan tucked away for just this scenario.

Seriously, though I have to read what this is all about.

• Cacky
    Cacky

Remember the scriptures that say there will be great signs from the skies, or something like that. My jw daughters have already told me they believe if there are ufo's, it's Satan trying to mislead people. I think that's a general jw thought on the subject.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

WTS or is it JWs explain UFOs as demons making people believe in ETs. Demons are wonderful tool that explain anything and everything crazy dubs don't have an explanation for.

Individual seeing things - demonized

UFO - demon inspired

ghosts - demons

apostates - demon influenced

etc.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I find it highly unlikely we will ever encounter Extraterrestrials. If you consider the short time span of human existence in the billions of years of the universe's existence, and the likely short time period other intelligent life forms may be alive on other planets before going extinct, it is very unlikely that their existence will overlap our own. On top of that, the vastness of space and difficult in travelling to earth, unless they are incredibly more scientifically advanced than humans.

However, if we do encounter them, the Watchtower will not have any difficulty denying them, or attributing their existence to demons. Not any more so than having believers think a global flood really occurred, or that humans have only existed for 6000 years, or that the preaching work has covered the entire globe. Humans in general are incredibly gullible, and when faith enters the equation logic can be countered with ease.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I think they would exploit/twist (to fit an agenda) Acts 2v19 - ''And I will show wonders in the heavens above...''

• mind blown

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit