Got to Make an Elder Squirm the Other Day

by xelder 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• xelder
    xelder

I heard from a very reliable first hand source that an elder in a nearby congregation was talking about my views of the organization. So, I called him.................................................................................................

ME: Hello M. this is xelder, I heard that you had a conversation with H. the other day. Any idea why I might be calling you concerned about what was said?

M: Well, maybe because I said you were saying things against the organization. I did hear that about you. I was just concerned for you.

ME: If you were concerned for me, why are you talking to others? What does scripture say you should do?

M: Call you directly. But, I didn't have your number.

ME: If your child's life depended on getting in touch with me, do you think you could?

M: Yes.

ME: So really, there was no concern, it was gossip and probably slander.

M: Well, I heard it from another Elder, not from a publisher.

Me: So what ???? So now the elders are running a gossip story between congregations? Let's call the Circuit Overseer and see what he says. Or, you could quit being a worm, start being a man and apologize.

M: I'm sorry.

ME: And you are going to go stop the rumor with the other elder correct?

M: Yes I will, I'm sorry

ME: All is good. See ya

I had him by the balls. I had him on the phone alone. I made him squirm.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Oh yeah, I'm sure the rumor mill will stop running. It is going to be in full effect now. "I was on the phone with Br. xelder yesterday and he was very rude."

Good for you though, standing up for yourself.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They'll be after you now and no mistake. He'll want to prove he was right about you all along, and nothing would give more smug satisfaction than to see you get DFed. Bunch of idiots.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Yeah you've hurt some pride . . . and we all know how Elders smart over that.

Nice going though . . . it was good while it lasted.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

You were exactly correct.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

More people should stand up to these guys.

Good for you

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Please tell me you recorded that,.. pretty please with sugar on it,...

• blondie
    blondie

It only proves what I've said in the past that men, especially elders, gossip as much as women, and pass along unsubstantiated information....lies.

• Fernando
    Fernando

These blind guides are surprisingly easy to call out when one is not under their spell.

Thanks for sharing yet another example of this.

Unless his remorse is genuine, which in rare cases it is, you may want to prepare a comeback for the inevitable hateful and spiteful backlash.

• linuxbob
    linuxbob

When you had by the balls, you should have twisted them a little.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit