Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 06-10-2012 WT Study (BETRAYAL)

by blondie 31 Replies latest jw friends

• scotoma
    scotoma

I've got to believe that there are some clever Watchtower writers that are gaming the "old guys" to see how much crap they will sign off on.

There has to be a couple writers that know they are going to make an exit and so they want to leave some turds around for people to step in.

Otherwise how can you explain such grandiose (stupid) statements. Kind of a tail waggin the dog.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Sure, and all paragraph 17 does is create a roadmap for a cynical d/f person to feign sorrow/repentance simply to get reinstated, thereby reintroducing him/her and his/her apostate virus, to approved association within the rank and file.

• sir82
    sir82

Did anybody else find the tone of the last sentence of paragraph 17 to be unusually petulant?

I can just imagine a 1950's British schoolmaster sneering, curling his lip, wagging a finger in the face of a terrified schoolboy and shouting "Just think of THAT if you are ever tempted to..."

All that is missing from the tail end of that sentence is the clincher: "...you miserable little worms!"

You used to be able to just see the contempt the service desk has for the R&F. Now you can just about taste it.

• traveb
    traveb

It's amazing how the WTS glosses over David's numerous sins, and love how Blondie hammers this point over and over. I actually never thought about David's ignoring his daughter's rape before in that context.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Blondie: Should we support self-appointed men in the congregation when they betray God by making the doctrines of an organization supplant the word of God?

Of course not! I find it maddening and frustratingly ironic that the leadership of the WTBTS dare to comment on the betrayal of others when their betrayal of all JWs and former-JWs is monstrous. It sweeps generations and has affected tens of millions of people. Their hypocrisy is so enormous that no words can express it.

Betrayal in any form is a vile act. - w2012 4/15 p. 11, para. 12

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Amazing how Jehovah forgave David and how Jesus forgave sinners, yet the WTS will discard the sinners in their org.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

That's because the WTBTS are NOT guided by the mercy and compassion which are Biblical. It's all about one thing: CONTROL

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I talked to my Mom about the disfellowshipping point afterwards. I told her that something like this would always leave me in doubt, that the family is the ONLY reason the person in question came back (which we know it is and unbeknownst to her, I'm not DF, but my family is the ONLY reason I'm still in and faking activity, so I get it).

She said, "Well I don't know, everyone has different circumstances, but I knda thought the same thing at first, but then I thought they must've had that in there for a reason."

I thought to myself REALLY?!?! You see the problem and gloss over it; if something is wrong, truly W-R-O-N-G, then gloss should never be applied no matter how you spin it. Holy shit!

I took a cleansing breath and replied, "They had better be careful with this shunning thing though, because there is such a thing as normal family business that HAS to be attended to and it really isn't fair to the one being shunned to force them back in just to be able to speak with his own flesh and blood, that’s just cruel. Besides shunning may have an opposite effect and force the person away like, "if this is how they are I don't want any part of it" so even if they still believe they won't come back."

She then said, "I don't know if I'd go as far as calling it shunning, but you're right to some extent, just try to think about it this way, they put this in the article for a reason and we need to focus on that, maybe there is a problem with one's not cutting off ties with DF family members."

Again I held my real thoughts back, which were, so I shouldn’t focus on the fact that some poor soul was blackmailed and forced back into this religion just to be able to speak with his family, and if this isn't what you would call shunning, then what would you call it? Are you joking? What the hell is wrong with you?

Instead I just said, "ok" and left it at that because we all know she's right about one thing, they are having trouble with association with the faded, DA and DF because people know it's wrong and completely nuts.

I'm astounded that, after all these years, this cult still has my Mom swindled; I mean they really have her by the spiritual balls.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Good comments by everyone. It is obvious WT has its' hands full with alot of corruption/betrayal at all levels going on within the organization. Serves 'em right!

Par 13 about adultery: Why did they have to single out the 50 year old males in the congregation? There are alot of sisters with their regrets and who are doing their own share of 'betrayal'.

Not to mention in our congregation of recent (I'm talking last 3 weeks) three couple who have been married less than 15 years have separated and well on their way in ending their marriage. And looking around I see numerous other couples just hanging on by the threads, elders and ms's marriages alike.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

For decades what was the spimGB been accussing other religions for?

That they do not want their members to do Biblical research but blindly believe their unscriptural doctrines.

Yet with that 'hard to understand' they have included themselves in the same group. Hypocrites!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit