Nephew Readying for Harvard

by snowbird 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Wow! That's fantastic!

Very exciting!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Such wonderful news all around. He will have his eyes and his mind opened with his education. How happy you must be! What do his parents say?

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

I'm not sure if he'll be attending the Kingdom Hall in Cambridge but there are a students there as well as some in the servant body there have gone to college. Good luck to him in his studies.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Excellent news!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks, all.

His dad (non-JW) is beside himself.

His mother (a devout JW) is ambivalent.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Wonderful, Sylvia! Congratulations! I'm sure he appreciates his Auntie Mentor.

What he'll miss out on, however, is the joy I experienced in quitting college, getting baptized, pioneering, going to Bethel and sharing the news of my sacrifice to an assembly of brothers and sisters in Brooklyn!!!!!!

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

What he'll miss out on, however, is the joy I experienced in quitting college, getting baptized, pioneering, going to Bethel and sharing the news of my

sacrifice to an assembly of brothers and sisters in Brooklyn!!!!!!

CoCo

Leave out the pioneering, Bethel, and assembly parts and my story would mirror yours.

So sad.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Sylvia, this is awesome! Congratulations to your nephew, and be proud of that young man!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks, GL.

Good to see you.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wow, great news!

Althought he's made the elders sad, he's made us very happy. And you know who else he's made happy!...

Sparlock!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit