Planning an Escape: Truth Triumphs Over Lies!

by 00DAD 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Maybe it's high time for them to own up to the truth instead of hanging on for dear life to the Age of Pisces, because it's gone. The Age of Aquarius is here, and they are only going to go down that much harder if they continue lying.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

You know, the whole UN NGO stuff didn't settle as truth for me. This link sort of debunked the whole UN NGO thing for me: http://www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk/watchtower-un-ngo/

Let me know what you think of the link.

There are some cleverly crafted straw man arguments on that site that "debunk" some points that some critics have made. Getting back to the focus of UN association, and not those peripheral details, one must find answers to a couple questions.

Was the Watchtower associated with the UN during the time period mentioned in the article? The answer to this is uncontested, it was associated with the UN, whatever organizational motives were involved, it clearly was.

The second question, of secrecy, Did the Watchtower openly declare its association with the membership in a publication readily available, such as Watchtower, Awake, or Kingdom Ministry? If so, where is the citation from that publication? I have never seen any. That site in the link did not provide any. That appears to have been a secret deal at the time.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I can't say the UN thing was a big deal for me, but I totally agree with the points about there being no honourable way out, shunning is despicable, no level of disagreement is allowed, and the governing body are increasingly shrill about their authority and position.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I enjoyed this, 00DAD. It was well thought out!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Sounds like me right now, OODAD. Still in. Know the shunning will essentially destroy my life as I know it.

I found out about the UN thing years ago. It was immediately debunked, probably by the very same link turtleturtle references. However, I can't help but think how we are constantly admonished not to take employment that would have anything to do with false religion. One recent picture showed a brother, a painter, who was reconsidering painting the outside of a church. Now, if we can't even do that, what gives the Society the right to have anything at all to do with the UN? Does this mean then that I can go into the library of the Vatican now? Or how about taking a tour of a military base? Or how about painting the walls of a church? It's all the same thing. In addition, it has stumbled others, right to the point of leaving the religion, and we all know what the Jesus said about one who stumbles another:

Matt 18:6: "But whoever stumbles one of these little ones who put faith in me, it is more beneficial for him to have hung around his neck a millstone such as is turned by an ass and to be sunk in the wide, open sea."

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Heartwrenching. Sadly I see the very same in my future

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Thanks for this 00Dad, you eloquently and cojently put into words my jouney. I am sorry for your loss. Your freedom has been gained at very great cost.

Make sure you use it wisely.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

BOC : Hi, I was reading your interest in speaking with your wife-nuclear option? I don't know what you have done so far, but one thing that the OP spoke of was the weasel words. I think that you might want to use them as a tool. Find them in NON-JW literature/commentators and discuss their weaseliness(?).

Discuss the motivations that people have for using the "weasel" words and get an agreement from her : "Man, this commentator is sure using a lot of weasel words. He is very manipulative and thinks we can't see him for what he is! Does he think we are all stupid sheep?" I would make sure that this is something that she has some feelings about, not the local school board decision to stop making french fries or something. I notice that JWs may be "neutral", but they ALWAYS have an opinion:) Anyway, later on, she will see them in the literature and so will you-and you can point a couple out (after she understands fully the weasel word concept) and ask why the org. might be using (so many of) them. It's not nuclear, but it will start a reaction of one sort or another.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Interesting story, thanks for sharing it 00DAD.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Beautiful Stuff - Superbly written for us all to be encouraged -

Thank you Thank you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit