Dumbest crazy YEARBOOK experience ever...talking demonic snake silenced by Witness!!

by Witness 007 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I Loved reading the Yearbook each year as soon as it came out....lots of encouraging experiences and they were ALL TRUE of course, like this one from Africa....

Yearbook 1967 p.105 "A large crowd was following a man who had a talking serpent {like the Muppets}...the serpent gave greetings and spoke in foreign tongues {college educated maybe}....a brother passing by went into the house, as soon as he did the serpent stopped talking. The man cried out "A Magican has entered the room." The brother asked the man "Is that a serpent or a demon that has spoken to you?...not one serpent has ever spoken except the one in the garden of Eden"...seeing that the serpent remained silent the man left the house....he was anxious later to get some literature...."

I've seen some whoppers before but how did this "experience" pass the Bethelite bullcrap detector in 1967????

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

The bethelites don't have a bullcrap detector, they have a huge pile of bullshit and when they receive a mere turd, they drag it through their swimming pool full of crap so that it snowballs in a huge pile of dung, then they print it in the yearbook.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I mean I can imagine a young brother at Bethel would have said: "Okay, a talking snake....speaks different languages....hmmmm...this is a bit nuts!..... I might have to ask Brother Franz about this one."

Brother Franz: "This is an Excellent experience, publish it!"

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Don't laugh.... It trooo. It didn't have legs either. I know. My brother told me he heard it from a friend who heard about it from his friend's aunt's cousin.

• fugue
    fugue

So this guy was tripping on mushrooms, he hallucinated that the snake was talking, and a jw came to his door and convinced him that the snake really had been talking, and that now j-ho's presence made the snake shut up.

I want some of those mushrooms, man!

• fugue
    fugue

I wonder if the snake was holding a Sparlock doll, too. Snakes love Sparlock!

• elderelite
    elderelite

Lol bethelite bullshit detector?

What about the millions of dubbies who read it? We all have brains and just because somethings on paper dosent mean its true.....

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Wait, wait...without being able to read the experience in context, if I'm understanding it correctly:

· man (supposedly) has a talking snake

· JW goes to his house to see it (which is odd to me anyway. Isn't that sort of like a J-dub intentionally going to check out a "haunted house" or palm reader, just to see what would happen???)

· JW walks in and the snake.....doesn't talk. (Surprise!!)

So why is that worthy of a Yearbook experience? Maybe the guy just realized his ventriloquist act wasn't going to work on this guy...

R_O

• Lore
    Lore

What are the odds of nothing miraculous happening at the exact moment the JW entered the room?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

[Caleb walks into living room with a 1967 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses under his arm]

MOM: uh, Caleb, what's that under your arm?

CALEB: it's the 1967 Yearbook mom. A friend gave it to me.

MOM: oh, a FRIEND. Tell me Caleb, does that book have a magic talking snake in it?

CALEB: uh-huh.

MOM: and who hates magic, Jehoober or the Satan Imaginary Thing

[fast forward to Caleb tossing the 1967 yearbook in garbage bin. Practically apsostate literature anyway]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit