Earth's birthday and going into a new world age cycle

by mind blown 23 Replies latest jw friends

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_age#The_Age_of_Aquarius_.28The_Aquarian_age.29 [emphasis mine]:

Timeframes In 1928, at the Conference of the International Astronomical Union (IAU) in Leiden, the Netherlands, the edges of the 88 official constellations became defined in astronomical terms. The edge established between Pisces and Aquarius locates the beginning of the Aquarian Age around the year 2600.

The Austrian astronomer, Professor Hermann Haupt , [32] examined the question of when the Age of Aquarius begins in an article published in 1992 by the Austrian Academy of Science: with the German title "Der Beginn des Wassermannzeitalters, eine astronomische Frage?" ("The Start of the Aquarian Age, an Astronomical Question?"). Based on the boundaries accepted by IAU in 1928, Haupt's article investigates the start of the Age of Aquarius by calculating the entry of the spring equinox point over the parallel cycle (d = - 4°) between the constellations Pisces and Aquarius and reaches, using the usual formula of precession (Gliese, 1982), the year 2595. However Haupt concludes:

"Though it cannot be expected that astrologers will follow the official boundaries of the constellations, there will be an attempt to calculate the entry of the spring equinox point into the constellation of Aquarius." ...
    "As briefly has been shown, the results and methods of astrology in many areas, such as concerning the Aquarian age, are controversial on their own and cannot be called scientific because of the many esoteric elements." [33]
    • Zodiacal 30 degrees:
    • Neil Mann interpretation: begins AD 2150.
    • Dane Rudhyar's interpretation states that the Age of Aquarius will begin in AD 2062.
    • Nicholas Campion in The Book of World Horoscopes indicates that he has collected over 90 dates provided by researchers for the start of the Age of Aquarius and these dates have a range of over 2,000 years commencing in the 15th century AD. [34] The range of dates for the possible start of the Aquarian age range from 1447 to 3621.
    • Constellation boundary year:
    • Shephard Simpson interpretation: begins in ca. AD 2680.
    • Hermann Haupt interpretation begins in ca. AD 2595.
    • Michael Sidi interpretation begins in ca. AD 2720.
  • mind blown
    mind blown

The thing I found interesting is the 25, 625 year astronomic Mayan Cycle... and.... the Age of Aquarius precession of the equinoxe 25,920 years... 5, 125. (years) x 5 (cycles) we are in =25,625......is close enough for me.... we are now going into the begining of a sixth new cycle.

However, according to Wiki and the Mayan Math and astronomical skills:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_civilization

In common with the other Mesoamerican civilizations, the Maya used a base 20(vigesimal) and base 5 numbering system (see Maya numerals). Also, the preclassic Maya and their neighbors had independently developed the concept of zero by 36 BC. Inscriptions show them on occasion working with sums up to the hundreds of millions and dates so large it would take several lines just to represent it. They produced extremely accurate astronomical observations; their charts of the movements of the moon and planets are equal or superior to those of any other civilization working from naked eye observation. [cit

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Well I guess we'll find out soon enough

• Twitch
    Twitch

It fascinates me that people in this day and age still think the "heavens" still influence people and events.

Pls explain how the precession of the equinoxes affects anything on earth

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Just another manufactured 2012 meme; these will all be forgotten next year.

• mind blown
    mind blown

first off, I just posted something I thought was interesting, whether I believe it is another matter.

The heavens do influence people and natural earth events, however, at the moment I can only think of three. Lunatics got it's name due to the way full forced engergy full moon effect peoples disposition (which I can see with my mother with Alzheimers when it's a full moon) as well as sometimes it's hard for me to sleep. Also, the polar shifts cause the tectonic plates to shift, affecting the earth. When we just had the lunar eclips, the day way here was colder then usual because of not getting heat from the sun, do to the sun being over shadowed.

Now anything about the world social events, I can't testify to anything of that nature.

Again, I was posting something about the the anniversary of a world age cycle, nothing more if you read the title of my post. I used this guy only because I also thought what he had to say was interesting, again whether I belive it, is another story.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    The heavens do influence people and events

Yeah in that all our atoms are created in stars.

As for the lunar effect- complete bunkum I'm afraid! Complete mythology.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

We're enterting the Age of Sparlock! Engage the enemy, Earth People...the wizards are taking control.

• mind blown
    mind blown

now that was funny.....it is THE AGE OF SPARLOCK!

• cofty
    cofty
    The heavens do influence people and natural earth events, however, at the moment I can only think of three.
    1. Lunatics got it's name due to the way full forced engergy full moon effect peoples disposition

In the same way as people notice things that go wrong on Friday 13th. Anecdote is not evidence. What sort of energy do you have in mind?

2. Also, the polar shifts cause the tectonic plates to shift, affecting the earth.

There is no evidence at all for "polar shifts". It is an archaic notion. Precession does occur but it is slow. D uring the last 200 million years the total polar wander has been just 30°

3. When we just had the lunar eclips, the day way here was colder then usual because of not getting heat from the sun, do to the sun being over shadowed.

In a lunar eclipse the sun is not overshadowed, it is the earth's shadow covering the moon. In a solar eclipse the sun will be in shadow locally for the 30 - 60 minutes of totality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit