Ray Bradbury Died today

by NewChapter 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

I only read Farenheit 451. I liked it, although sometimes I think his characters lacked depth and he was a bit hysterical with his writing in general. It made some good points, however, and I can appreciate the emotional drive behind it, as an aspiring author myself. I didn't care for many parts of his little rant of a coda in the 79/87 editions, though. But even some of that was interesting.

I'll bet his other books were good, or at least many of them.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ok, that was funny.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

He was my hero. I read it all..... Even the stuff not in his own name. Wish I had met him. I had heard he responded to fan mail personally. Night Ray. All the good guys are named Ray.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Well that is sad news to hear,R.I.P. Ray,as a teenager I was introduced to his books which I thouroughly enjoyed ,many of which were made into movies,however the books were always a superiour item

smiddy

• I quit!
    I quit!

I read that MGM bought the rights to "From the Dust Return" and plan to make it into a movie. It will make a great movie if it is done right. RIP Ray.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I read that MGM bought the rights to "From the Dust Return" and plan to make it into a movie. It will make a great movie if it is done right. RIP Ray.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

For some reason I thought he was already gone. His are great!!

• Diest

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit