Just "discovered" sweet potatoes and yams

by compound complex 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    I fry them in coconut oil with some ginger and salt. YUM!

TOTH, I really like the sound of that! I love ginger!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good morning, dear friends:

Food threads always do well here!

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions. Stocking up today on both yams and sweet potatoes. They've become a staple of my diet.

Happy eating, All.

CoCo

• Glander
    Glander

We will wait for one of your eloquent essays on flatulance in the near future!

• Kudra
    Kudra

If you slice them thinly, baste them with coconut oil on both sides and sprinkle cinnamon on the top and bake them, they turn out like crisp cookies -and they actually taste like cookies too.

This works better with yams than sweet potatoes. I find sweet potatoes too watery and fiberous for this recipe.

Lol, one of my pet peeves has to do with the yam/sweet potato:

I always ask for yams (NOT sweet potatoes) at the grocery store. The clerk inevitably tells me -"oh there they are", and points to the sweet potatoes. When I say no, I want *yams*, they have said, "oh, they are the same thing".

NO they are NOT the same thing. They are in different families, different orders, one is a monocot (like grass) and one is a dicot, they originated on different continents. They are NOT the same.

But you can't start yelling at the clerks over stuff like this...

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

i am not a big fan of sweet potatoes maybe because my mother told me that when she was pregnant with me all she craved was sweet potatoes and she ate them like crazy the whole time. She ruined it for me in the womb.

• snowbird
    snowbird

They taste good and are good for us.

Can't beat that.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Senior moments are settling in and taking over my life ...

Went to store with a list (I rarely ever make a list) because I didn't want to forget anything.

Came home w/o ... guess what?!?!?

Thanks, everyone.

You're funny, Glander!

CC

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL.

I have them all the time.

Thankfully, my daughter and g'daughter are still around me.

• compound complex
    compound complex

for Syl!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

sweet potato pecan pie for me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit