Just "discovered" sweet potatoes and yams

by compound complex 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Try "boniato," occasionally known as "Cuban sweet potato," sometime. It is a white sweet potato. Makes great fries and it is not as sweet.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Slow baking is the preferred method. I bake a panful, refrigerate and then re-heat each SP for my meal - they keep well for at least a week.

The tiniest smidge of butter is all that is needed - or none. Very good on a diet because they satisfy your hunger and your tastebuds.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Steamed (unpeeled) with a dollop of sour cream

Thinly sliced and sauteed in olive oil

French fried and drizzled with a little honey

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Great in chicken soup along with cassava and squash when you are sick.

BTS

• snowbird
    snowbird

When I was a child, we would dig them and eat them raw.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Sweet potatoes make a great soup with onions, garlic, butternut squash. carrot, herbs and good stock.

Just invent as you go and ring the changes!

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Yummy Sweet Potatoes! I like them steamed with a little butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.

Sylvia's recipe of French fried with honey sounds really good too! Looks like I need to go to the store soon...

• Glander
    Glander

I prefer yams over sweet potatoes but like them both. Yams are kind long and skinny and are the darker color and usually sweeter. You typically would not eat the skin of the yam.

They are supposed to contain a form of estrogen that can be helpful to some fimmels.

• TOTH
    TOTH

I fry them in coconut oil with some ginger and salt. YUM!

• snowbird
    snowbird
    They are supposed to contain a form of estrogen that can be helpful to some fimmels.

A little too helpful; sweet potato consumption in women of childbearing age has been linked to more twin births.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit