by headisspinning 15 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

All the best to you and yours ,from down under

smiddy

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

To JWDaughter...

Yes, our little 'darling' is a force to be dealt with let me tell you! He is 22 months old now and out of the five kids, neither of us have ever had to deal with such a scamp. Or maybe it's our old age? LOL! Or the lack of God's spirit on our household... JOKING!

In answer to your question about our current views on the WTO... We believe that there are many sincere people in the organization who truly believe they are doing 'Jehovah's will' so the individual people are not the ones we have an issue with. Even the elders that have hurt us and our families... they are are terribly misguided and brainwashed and controlled so we cut them some slack at the end of the day.

The leaders of the WTO are another story... we believe they are terribly corrupt and that the WT is nothing more than a cult. A very dangerous, destructive, high control CULT. At this point in time, I can't cut the ones at the top any slack whatsoever. They know full well what they're doing and this is nothing more than a big business to them. $$$$$$$

At this point in our journey, neither of us are sure of what we believe, but that's okay. We would both prefer to live our lives not knowing until the day we die rather than be a part of a big fat lie. My husband has strong leanings towards being an athiest... I guess I'm agnostic right now. But I really, really want to believe in God or something along those lines. Nature is what gets to me most and so I am doing a lot of contemplating and pondering.

We still have struggles in regard to the older children. My husband's kids are still fully brainwashed and refuse to see him unless he goes back to the religion. He gets one phone call a week and it is very limited what he is 'allowed' to talk about. My oldest son is still firm about not ever being a JW, but he still attends the meetings as this is a requirement of living in his father's home. My daughter is still pretty into the religion although she and her brother both watched the Sparlock video and both were aghast!

My current Facebook picture is Sparlock and I'm actually thinking about being one of the first to get a Sparlock tattoo. I'm just working on the concept because I don't want it to be too cutesy. I think the Watchtower has dumped pure gold into our collective laps - you couldn't hire someone to create a better brand for the ex-JW community. I think this is having a very uniting effect and is inspiring a lot of people. Sparlock Rocks!!

• cantleave
    cantleave

I think you are already a Facebook friend - if not feel free to add me - PM'd my address.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Don't fret none when it comes to not bein' sure about religion

Just view this as a " clean slate " you are no longer forced

to believe in anything

But can freely choose what to believe, wherever that leads

you, it will be your own personal journey

• snowbird
  • blindnomore
    blindnomore

Julia, Wow! I have just finished reading your posts including the very first one.

You sure have come along looong way! I am so glad you did not give up searching the TATT. It's been very hard last few years for you and your family. Sending my best wishes to you, your husband and your precious little guy.

Thank You for your contribution to the Forum!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit