Why Did I Have to Be an Adopted Child? - Another HORRID ARTICLE From the Creators of Throw Sparlock in the bin

by 3dogs1husband 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

Where I live adoption by JW's is very rare. The blood issue is number 1 however adopting thru the ministry the concerns of being in a high control religion also come in to play.

There are times a JW can adopt - if you found a bmom who would choose them then the ministry might agree to it. I know of one such case or a step/child. Having the ministry "place" a child with "active" JW's would not happen. They wouldnt get thru the first homestudy visit. Now a "week" couple whom were very good at lying or knew what to say and didnt mind "denying" Jehovah might squeek thru.

I know this road personally - I walked it. I wanted children no I needed to be a mom! We were not able to and the only options left put our religion in question. (egg donaor and adoption)

Fast forrward many years : We are OUT and have succsefully adopted 2wice!!!!!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Jim TX: Actually, if you replace the word 'adopted' with 'shunned' in every instance, it makes very interesting reading.

Wow, Jim. What an insightful comment. The hypocrisy of the "Shun Kings" is astounding, simply astounding.

Some days all I want to do is grab the 7GB Boys by the nape of their necks and rub their noses in it! If only I could ...

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Actually... many ex-JWs have 'adopted' family, due to their real family shunning them. So, the ex-JWs create their own family units outside of their real family, since they do not have that anymore.

(he says through gritted teeth...)

Regards,

Jim TX

• extractor
    extractor

NewChapter: "The way these people Sparlock others..."

Yes! "Sparlock" as a verb. I love it!!!!!

Sparlock (v): To throw away. To cast aside. To shun. To not have anything to do with. To regard as vile and unworthy of consideration.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Yes! "Sparlock" as a verb. I love it!!!!!

Sparlock (v): To throw away. To cast aside. To shun. To not have anything to do with. To regard as vile and unworthy of consideration.

As much as I'd like to take credit, I cannot. Noni1974 was at my house the other day, and she said she'd come up with a new verb--Sparlock---and she defined it exactly as you have. I made her start a thread on it! Isn't she just a genius?

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

Interesting to hear that JWs don't adopt in many places, because two of the elders in my old hall were regular foster parents and ended up with a continually growing roster of adoptees. Following their example, my aged parents just adopted two toddlers and are still taking in other foster children. They think it's an assused way to "save" some without having to go out in service.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Hypocritical at best. I remember some years ago the then DO (the pompous Rodney Thompson) giving a talk at an assembly (Plant City, FL) and discussing adopting. I don't remember the exact wording, but the gist is dubs need to be careful about adopting because you don't know what you might get. The impression he gave was dubs really shouldn't adopt but spend their time and resources ($$$$$) slaving for the folks at Bethell.

After the program I castigated him for such a narrow minded attitude. His defense was - it was in the outline. Of course he didn't show me the notes and I left the discussion telling him he was a pompous ass. What a look on his face. I'd have liked to have slapped him a few times.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Sorry. I stopped reading after this.

What's the difference in being adopted and "not having the association of my uncles, aunts and cousins" or being shunned and "not having the association of my uncles, aunts and cousing"?

Yeah, me too. Also, what's the difference between being adopted and "not having the association of my uncles, aunts and cousins" or not having the association of my uncles, aunts and cousins because they don't talk to us anymore because my batshit crazy jw mother refuses xmas gifts, tells them they are part of Satan's world and about to have their eyes pecked out by Jehovah's Holy Bird Army TM ?

I lost most normal, happy relationships with my relatives because of dubism.

If I could stomach reading the article I'd be curious to know if they blamed the "horrible fate" of adoption on a fornicating mother who didn't take care of herself when her ovum was at large [source] .

• finally awake
    finally awake

One of the elders in the hall I attended looked into adoption and was told that due to his and his wife's age and religion, they would never be able to adopt through an agency. Their only "hope" would have been to try for a private adoption where the pregnant woman specifically chose them. They gave up, and it still makes me sad to think about these two people who love kids and really should have had a houseful but they chose to remain childless so she could pioneer and he could be an elder.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I knew a couple who, after many many losses, started fostering through the state. Eventually, they adopted the children they fostered. However, they were not extremely active dubs (rarely made meetings or assemblies/conventions)...and with the situations their kids came from, honestly, they were better off being raised in a dub household than being placed back with their respective mothers. That's only ONE family I knew out of hundreds, though. It's very rare to see a JW couple approved for adoption.

3dogs1husband~ Congrats on your children!! I'm so glad you're able to experience motherhood!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit