Sparlock and a Selfish Organization

by metatron 19 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have only seen one clip of this new video [the clip with the Sparlock doll in question]. I wondered if it was real or mock. Is the vid available somewhere in full? Has anyone seen it from the WTS media itself?

I am just curious what other things are included.

Jeff

• metatron
    metatron

Dogpatch realized a potent truth. The GB must avoid becoming a target for widespread ridicule by Witnesses. If that were to happen, the organization could crumble.

The question is, what are average Witnesses going to think about this latest cult effort? Don't expect anything like "it's garbage" , rather watch for comments that suggest deflation and faked enthusiasm. In a phoney organization such as this one, damning with faint praise is the critical sign.

The Governing Body is filled with 'the spirit of the world' - which currently features leaders issuing nanny state regulations to control minor behaviors while people commonly avoid taxes, take drugs, riot in Europe, and display no faith in government. This organization has a lack of donations, faked stats, kids leaving in a mass exodus, divorce, and dropping meeting attendance.

In response, they take away a plastic toy from a small child. Brilliant...

metatron

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

AK Jeff, there are only two short videos, the other about being obedient, and a song. It makes me wonder why they did not add a few more clips. As Metatron lists, there are a whole lot of other topics they could have added. Any normal childrens DVD ususally has at least half an hour of material. If they want the children to watch these over and over they should have had it longer.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Awsome thread Metatron

If the WTS were to flat out ban Disney theme parks

they know it would turn off a lot of their followers

This new DVD is a under handed way to cut that fun out

wit out actually sayin' they ban disney

JW kids already have a hard time at school explainin' holidays

imagine the mess they would go through if they told

others that " goin' to Disneyland makes Jehovah God sad "

Know where I'm comin' from ????

How would you feel, after returnin' from a great time at disney

only to be told, you made God sad by havin' a good time

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I agree on selfish, but OUT OF TOUCH is what this video is screaming.

It is a modern (although somewhat below standard) animation, but has the same old message: instill fear of toys in young children, and fear of of displeasing parents and God.

To those in their teens and early 20's, raised on Harry Potter, this video is embarrassing and stupid.

It also does a very good job of introducing cognitive dissonance.

The mother speaks of making Jehovahs sad; what she really means is angry. In other articles, the WT has no problem talking about the peril of falling into the hands of an angry god, with a small child they use the euphemism and speak of making God sad.

This child is learning early on to cloak the truth and call a bad thing, an angry god, by a more pleasant name.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Just talked to a family member last night about this. She was in tears because of the mental conditioning she was raised with and watching the video brought it all up. She was so angry and sad at the same time.

I can't believe they let this DVD be released. It is going to wake up a lot of people. My friend also watched it and said, how can the GB be so disconnected with reality? No family is like that in real life, no dad would bust out a bible to teach his child a lesson for walking into the house with muddy shoes.

We've been saying that Sparlock isn't magical because it's just a plastic toy, I think we got it wrong. I think Sparlock is indeed magical. He is causing some witnesses to think. Something so emotionally revealing is like a slap in the face, I just hope this is a major wak up call for many.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello soldier,

accordin' to the WTS the more tears she shed

the happier Jehovah must be

who'd a thunk it !!!!! the WTS of course

• Heaven
    Heaven

I seriously do not know one child that would have answered the Mother's question "Is this toy magical?" with a yes. They would definitely give the and say "Uh, no Mom. It's just a toy."

• flipper
    flipper

The GB and WT society are so out of touch with reality in how authentic families actually should communicate with each other - it's not funny. The passive aggressive behavior displayed by this JW mom in the youtube is so much JW brainwashing as to cause clone like production in other JW parents which is the motive of WT leaders to ALWAYS put the organization first, children's needs second - or worse still- children's needs NEVER being met, not at all. This is indeed mind control indoctrination at it's ugliest. Sick, twisted witches leading this organization

• wasblind
    wasblind

They should have named this DVD " the rape of a childs imagination "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit