AJWRB---What Have They Done???

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

WOW LOOK AT THIS

Cost of Jehovah’s Witnesses refusing blood could treat 25,000 in Africa!
    BMJ 1999;318:873 ( 27 March )Letters
    Costs incurred by one severely ill Jehovah’s Witness could run one unit in Africa for one year
    EDITOR Minerva reports that a Jehovah’s Witness survived emergency surgery for a leaking abdominal aneurysm despite havinga post operative haemoglobin concentration of only 30 g/l; he spent14 weeks in hospital.1 Those of us who work in rural Africacan only wonder how much it cost in the face of claims of rationingand cost cutting in the NHS. Such a stay must easily have costa six figure sum.
    Here in Uganda for £250 000 a year we can treat 25 000 outpatients and 7000 inpatients, conduct over 1000 deliveries, andperform 1500 operations. We run a community health programme for500 000 people. The costs incurred by this one patient might run our unit for a whole year. Will the time come when a religiousgroup will be charged the costs of keeping its members alive? Ethically one may feel that one should do everything, whateverthe cost; at the end of the financial year, however, electivesurgery that could be life improving has to becancelled.
    The choice is easy here in Uganda. When a child who has severe anaemia from malaria with hookworm infestation and undernutrition comes in the choice is simple: he or she has a transfusion ordies.
    Nicholas Wooding , Medical superintendent.
    Kiwoko Hospital, PO Box 149, Luweero, Uganda
    Minerva. BMJ 1998; 317: 690 . (5 September.)
    http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/318/7187/873/a Link is still hot

• minimus
    minimus

YO!!!! I haven't been here in a couple of days!

I'm glad I made this thread. I'm glad there is a change in direction and that it is understood that this would be necessary if AJWRB would be effective. Randy, I admire your work and zeal but I don't think AJWRB WAS all that meaningful to errant JWs, active JWs or some doctors BECAUSE ULTIMATELY, the ELDERS in the congregation would be who deals with the docs not some valid material from AJWRB.

Shawn, I think you are most sincere. And I hope that since you've taken over, that AJWRB can actually help JWS see the folly of the blood doctrine. It is very difficult for believers to see that blood taking is not a sin. Personally, I think the only way the might see the light is if the Society gets into legal trouble for even suggesting that taking blood could be sinful.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Randy, not sure what you mean by "easy" and "rhetoric"? It's not a small feat to get published in any major journal let alone two.

A great opportunity to educate those who can "save lives of jws" which is the stated mission--in a way that will be respected and heard by the target audience. I can think of no single, more effective method to accomplish the mission.

• minimus
    minimus

Btt

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

The Red Cross tour and interview with Dr. Fridey videos have been made "private" on Youtube.

Please let us know when and/or where we can view them again?

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Shocking once-in-a-century TV dramatic episode of JW Emergency Room deaths over no blood.
    http://www.ajwrb.org/images/trauma.rm
    Priceless be sure to save to backup medium and your DVD CD-Roms
    In 30 years the Watchtower will lie and deny that anyone ever died from no blood.In reality 50-100 times as many deaths of men,women,CHILDREN than perished at Jonestown mass murder suicides.
    We are witnesses to the Watchtower holocaust!

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Minimus has done a great service to this thread, look at the amout of hits, the volume of interest in this topic. Bravo Minimus, without his questions, we would not have Randy posting his material, showing his updated work and activities. These are the topics that are going to rock the ivory Tower in Patterson and Wallykill!

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Bump.

I thoroughly enjoyed the interview with Dr. Fridey @ Red Cross but didn't get to finish my notes… and naturally wanted to view the tour with Mr. Samaniego.

My non-JW family who would *still* forego blood transfusions on account of our indoctrination could benefit from these videos.

Please put them UP again!

I'm frustrated that they were made "private." What's the point in supporting AJWRB when they solicit funds to make videos which regular people can't even view?

I just don't get it.

~Sue

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

It seems that Dr. Fridey and Nick Samaniego never gave us the final thumbs up to post the interview on the web. There was confusion between my comminication with Randy over it. I was of the understanding that the videos would remain private until we got that thumbs up. But Randy posted them to be viewed publicly, me thinking that he received the OK from the Red Cross, and I just assumed he had heard from them.

Then I got a call from Nick Samaniego a week ago or so, and he said they had not viewed the interview with Dr. Fridey. So we took it down right away. Just to be safe we took them all down. I apologized to Nick for jumping the gun. We are waiting on the OK to come down at this point. So hopefully they will be back up soon. Nick mentioned that what he heard from the interview was all OK, but the headquarters staff of the Red Cross had questions as to how it was being used.

Anyway, so here we are. I just want to make sure that we are really accepted by the Red Cross and not viewed as some kind of "anti-JW group." this is hard to do because the site is at its core critical of the Watchtower's policies. But we just want to save lives, and I find saving the lives of JWs to be a particularly PRO- JW undertaking. not everybody sees that though.

I'm glad there is interest in this cause, and it does my heart good to see people post positive regard for AJWRB. Frankly I don't know how much longer I am going to be able to do this. I am desperate for money, and I don't get paid for working on this cause. Whatever money has been donated can only be given to me when Randy comes up with or agrees with a particular action. the day to day working on the cause, is un-reimbursable, according to Randy. If there are no ideas on the table then that donation will just sit there until either Randy thinks something up, or I think something up that Randy will pay me for. That means that 90% of the time and resources I spend on ajwrb is completely a labor of love with no chance whatsoever of being reimbused. In fact, some money may be donated to AJWRB, but Randy will have me do free Minds stuff to earn that money, if he can't think of anything to do for the blood cause.

So if you donate to free minds and want it to be used for ajwrb stuff, you must really, really put down EXACTLY what you want us to do with the money, and what things you do not want us to do with the money. No matter what, there is a list of things that Randy has vowed that I will never get paid for, a list that I have never seen and doesn't really exist. So I am actually quite in the dark about what things I do for ther cause that I cannot get reimbursed for. I just don't know and it seems to have changed a number of times since I've been doing this.

keeping my phone on has been a struggle, and my phone is a lifeline literally for 3 doctors who have been calling me. I usually go a few days every other month without a phone. So those are times no doctors can call me and nothing gets done. It hurts the cause when I don't have my phone tuned on. If I get financial help from Randy, as I have a number of times, it doesn't ebnd up helping because, first of all I have to pay it back, and second, it just puts me further in the hole. the donations have been extremely sparce too. In the year I have been working on this only about three thousand dollars have been donated, and 1500 came from one person. This just isn't enough for me to work on this issue. So we may be looking for someone else to take it over soon. That person would have to be 100% finacially responsible and pay for everything himself. That's what needs to happen. Otherwise it's all going to shutdown.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit