A message from youtube regarding negative votes on Sparlock videos

by Amelia Ashton 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

I think most people are confused about the "like/dislike." I think most "dislike" the JW message. They don't 'dislike' that you posted up on YouTube. The awareness is great input. Hopefully many JWs will be watching this summer on the YouTube and choose to not get the WTS copy at all. The members can save their money and if there's not enough money/donations to the WTS for it, then the WTS won't do it again!

• finally awake
    finally awake

i 'liked' the clips. honestly, i nearly barfed when i watched the one about sparlock. poor little caleb.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Really, if this thing takes off and becomes viral it won't matter how many dislikes it has. For some things, the worse something is, the better it performs.

Like this example.

I wouldn't worrry about trying to bump it up. People viewing and linking to it will counterbalance the dislikes.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Yeah I've heard that dislikes make it popular as well. It mostly depends on views.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Kind of makes me miss sunday morning shows

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

LOVED Davey and Goliath when I was a youngin

• rocketman
    rocketman

Another reason I felt compelled to Dislike it (besides the fact that it's yet another manipulative product of JW origin) is that I was concerned that JWs who see a lot of Likes would interpret it as a favorable reaction to the Organization's teachings.*

Incidentally, there were several separate postings of the video and I paid no attention to who loaded it.

* While reading the Comments would reveal that most viewers have a negative reaction, the Comments were disabled on two of the three uploads that I watched.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I don't think the title helps your cause. Without reading your comments there's no way to know this is supposed to be a commentary on the JWs and not a post by a JW trying to promote their religion.

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Might not have to worry about it soon. Sparlock vids on utube have been pulled by the WTBTS.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

It says that the video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by the Watchtower bibler and tract society of pennsylvania.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit