Does the GB actually believe it all?

by schnare 21 Replies latest jw friends

• mP
    mP

snare&racket

i dont believe the pope be

ives literally in the bibnle or any such fantastic stories. i do however think he does believe it is his duty to lead as head of the church. they know the bible and other holy books are written by man, but as adults and the masses merely stupid dingbats needing guiding, these tools are their destiny to use. the pope is an ambitious man, his ego must drive him to this destiny. why anyone would want to live in the vatican a virtual prisoner too all this is beyons me. i dint understand why he bothers, he has no family, no friends, only servants all pretending. he cant evn walk doen tbe street or catch a train for a ride. all that seems rather silly. tne gb are the same. they control billions and yet they are stuck all year rtound in ny runni g the stupid wts making money for the shareholders.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I think it is all about power and ego wth them. A some point they lose touch with reality and decieve themselves into believing that they have all the answers and what they are doing is all important. Maintaining control is the most important thing to them. Freddie Franz said it himself. Unity was more important than truth.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I depends on what you mean by "believe it all." If they DID believe it all, why would there be any need for an overlapping generation? The previous "light" seemed just as bad as any, why change?

• I quit!
    I quit!

"Are they the dumbf...s or were we?"

I don't think it is a case of either or Simon. I think it is a case of dumbf...s following other dumbf...s. After all at one time weren't they just like us? Dumbf...s following the orders of other dumbf...s. The difference is they just worked harder at being a dumbf and eventually they got to become the head dumbf...s.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

They are obviously not the brains of the operation but they are necessary collaborators, I wont defend them. But I don't think they are the ones running the show, and if worse came to the worse they will be fed to the lions, while the real culprits would never be found out most likely.

They are sleeping with the enemy, ask the pope. Watch out for the bethelites that surf this pages stirring a fire here and there, and posting confidential documents from the society in an apostate site. Think about it, what’s their agenda?

This is probably far bigger than we think, personally I do feel like a pawn sometimes.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I believe the ambiance of "the governing body being God's one and only mouthpiece" forces them to believe their own shit. When they came up with the latest generation teaching.....I am willing to bet that they discussed it thoroughly.....admitting how weak it is. But the final deciding factor was "after all.....God is directing us so this MUST be true".

To answer your question.....I think that they truly believe that God is somehow directing them.....which means that by default.....they HAVE to believe their own concoctions.

• mP
    mP

@out

they (the gb] do not believe. All leaders, political or religious are always liars, they will say anything to get to the top or maintain their power. The GB are the same. Just because they say one thing in public does not mean they actually truely believe.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Dunno.

They probably don't even fully know what it all is anyway since they don't oversee what's being written/printed and, with all the other things they supposedly do, I don't think they read it all either.

My guess in no.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

MP - I am basing my opinion off of what Ray Franz indicated while working with these knuckleheads. He basically said that even they refer to the GB as if it is some untouchable/mystical being......seemingly unaware that is was comprised of THEM individually.

And it IS possible to believe your own lies. A good example of this is brought up in the book "Mistakes were made but not by me"

• therevealer
    therevealer

I didn't read every comment thouroughly, but, if the gb believed it all - there would be no new light. New light shines forth (cough, cough) only when they come to see the current light is wrong. And now the new light is so poor that it is suspect almost as soon as it comes out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit