mouthy

Wonderful to see you back. I missed ya!!!!Snowbird

Granny Mouthy,Grace

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Welcome back Sylvia.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

I'm sorry to read about the desease that affects you, Sylvia, and I do hope that you will complete overcoming it. If our company can be of help to you, we'll do our very best.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Welcome back....

I experienced a type of vertigo a few years ago. They put it down to an inner ear infection that took a while to sort itself out. It was a horrible experience. I would get an attack out of the blue, sometimes driving, sometimes walking or even sitting down I would feel like I was going to fall off my chair. This lead to panic attacks and then thinking I was having a heart attack or something. It lasted for months, and would happen every day at least once. Very scary. Thank goodness I haven't had another spat of that. I feel for you having to deal with it.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey Syl, I have Meniere's, but more on the "positional vertigo" level. When I turn my head a certain way when trying to sleep can send my whole head spinning, I've noticed that drinking alcohol can set if off for me, I gave up the 80 proof stuff two years ago, can still deal with beer and wine though.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks, good peeps.

Still Thinking, one of my sisters has the same problem. She's had to quit driving because oncoming traffic appeared to be coming directly at her and the vehicles seemed upside down!

Terrible malady.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I hope somehow this will pass much sooner than later.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello back and thank you, Open Mind! CoCo it is so great to see you, too... and Flying High and Tammy and my Palmtree and MOUTHY!!!! Happy belated birthday, Mouthy my Dear!!! ... and... and...

Sylvie, I wonder if the Epley maneuver might help? I had a terrible bout with dizziness a couple of years ago, and a dear friend recommended this (which my doctor strangely did not, yet it fixed my problem.)

The Epley maneuver (or Epley's exercises) is a maneuver used to treat benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV). [ 1 ] It is often performed by a doctor or a physical therapist, but can be performed by the patient at home. This maneuver was developed by Dr. John Epley and first described in 1980. [ 2 ]

The procedure is as follows:

1. Sit upright.
    2. Turn your head to the symptomatic side at a 45 degree angle, and lie on your back.
    3. Remain up to 5 minutes in this position.
    4. Turn your head 90 degrees to the other side.
    5. Remain up to 5 minutes in this position.
    6. Roll your body onto your side in the direction you are facing; now you are pointing your head nose down.
    7. Remain up to 5 minutes in this position.
    8. Go back to the sitting position and remain up to 30 seconds in this position.

The entire procedure should be repeated two more times, for a total of three times.

During every step of this procedure the patient may experience some dizziness.

• TD
    TD

Sylvia!

Big hug and high-five to you!

Let's do a cooking thread

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks, Baba, but I did that in my doctor's office and they had to help me off the table and sit with me for close to 45 minutes before I regained my equilibrium.

I had to resign from my job and apply for disability - thankfully, I was approved without any hassle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit