Does this make you feel small?

by still thinking 56 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Amazing.....

Thanks for that, Still.

• still thinking
    still thinking

DT....very true...and in a way...a bit scary.

Although...I'm not sure you can compare the size of a person and an atom to the size of the entire universe and ourselves....since we don't even know if the universe has a limit or is limitless. So we would have to put a restriction on the size to even compare ourselves to it.

That in itself is an interesting thought IMO...Are we restricted by our own limits?

• still thinking
    still thinking

tec....it certainly makes me feel in awe whenever I contemplate the universe...and as you say. Very humbling.

I like to think about it sometimes just to get things back in perspective when things just seem to big.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Love it, thank you.

• still thinking
    still thinking

clarity...sorry, no link. I just took bits and pieces from all over the place as my thoughts came together. Glad you enjoyed it.

• still thinking
    still thinking

You are welcome Palmtree & BabaYaga...

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    You are welcome Palmtree & BabaYaga...

Look, Baba....our names together again......

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL...is it a reunion? Glad I could assist....

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

I suppose it’s not a question of size, the earth is a small garden in an immense desert. Each and every human is more valuable than millions of galaxies with all of their stars. Still the vastness of the Universe is humbling. God is no one to be mocked.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

At the Natural Hist. Museum, they have a planetarium, and I go frequently. In trying to help us understand how small we are and how vast the universe is, they make a 3d grid for point of reference, and then take us further and further out into the known universe. I actually get a bit nauseated and panicky, and have to close my eyes now and then, it is so beyond belief. I feel like a speck of nothing when they do that part.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit