Was I the most fanatic Witness or can you beat this??

by Witness 007 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• GeneM
    GeneM

When I was six, in kindergarten, I had a crush on a girl. So I did the only logical thing that a JDub kid knew to do. I put a watchtower in her cubby at school; you know because she would read it, convert and could be my girlfriend...

Being a JDork though I gave her the folded one that came in the mail at the time... STILL IN THE BROWN SLEEVE WITH MY DADS NAME AND ADDRESS ON IT. She awkwardly gave it back to me the next day. Beat that.

I have never admitted this to anyone, so... you’re welcome.

• GeneM
    GeneM

God I already regret posting that. What was I thinking sneaking over to her cubby trying to convert her without her knowing I liked her... Giving her my dads name. Jesus.

• Open mind
    Open mind

A JW guy I grew up with refused to attend his High School graduation commencement ceremony because the usual graduation marching in song is "Pomp & Circumstance". He did some research on the song and discovered that it originally was exalting warfare.

So sad. Most JWs don't even dream of making an issue of this.

om

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I'll have to think about this but Open Mind- that made me think of a story. When my brother was graduating middle school my Dad wouldn't let him sing "We are the World" we are the childen..... cuz "we are not part of the world" My brother "lip sank" and was in BIGGGGGG trouble!!!

• GeneM
    GeneM

What exactly is the past tense of 'lip sync' anyway? ;)

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I think he sang it but told dad he was just "mouthing" it.... he was a fanatic for a few years....

• unshackled
    unshackled

Ha, thanks Sargeant Pepper...now that I've exposed my belittling past, may I be a part of your Lonely Hearts Club Band?

Really though, this thread is like a nest in a tree of trust and understanding...we can say anything here. Buuuuut Ima gonna go ahead and laugh at GeneM's kindergarten pick-up attempt.

• GeneM
    GeneM

HAHHAHAHAAH I deserve that. Gold.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

This is probably the most embarrassing thread ever. So many embarrassing moments as a JW.

• biometrics
    biometrics

How about this:

Being coached to give your science teacher the blue "Evolution" book. The elder who told me it would be a "good witness", hadn't grown up as a JW, yet somehow he "knew" what it was like???

Sitting down during the national anthem, infront of 1000 peers at school.

Having a crush on a girl at school, then being forced to witness at her door, hoping she wasn't home. Then her best friend answered the door (felt like dying). Next day at school, she came up to me in front of everybody and said in a loud voice "Don't ever come to my place again selling religion".

Getting beaten up at school because other boys seen you in FS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit