Would Witnesses drink "the cool-aid" if instructed to by the Governing body?

by Witness 007 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

My anionted mum always said she's "willing to die for the truth like the brothers in the concentration camps".....how many witnesses would do this, like the "Heavens Gate" suicide group or the Tokyo cult that tried to start Armagedon with subway gas attacks or even the 9/11 terrorists?

The brothers in the Camps in World War 2 were told by Rutherford THIS IS ARMAGEDON. So they thought a quick death and then "poof"...I'm in paradise.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Yes many would. Its a cult. They disown family and friends and more. Suicide would be small in comparision to the daily self inflicted pain. And dont overlook blood. They refuse for no reason as it is. Suicide all its own.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Thought many times.....................

At times in my Life............Yes I would've!!!!!

Hate to be that honest!

• Walk On
  • Walk On
    Walk On

Many would, its very frightening thinking my daughter could follow her mom if instructed to. :`(

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I would not have, because I was convinced that Jehovah would never require such a thing. I believe that many feel that way. However, with a little grooming. . . a gradual shift in beliefs . . . literature that is no longer available to the general public where they can speak freely and more assertively. . . then a cult member could do anything. So step one: check.

But if they did start down that path, many would walk away. The die hard and the imbalanced would stay.

NC

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

It's easy to say you think you would've taken the KoolAid, but when actually faced with it I don't think most Dubbies would do it, because I'm sure they remember the Jim Jones incident and they probably shook their head and got all smug and said oh those poor people followed that cult leader, which of course is what they're doing but won't admit it. So I don't think that would go over to well in Kingdom Hall Land.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

And Jim Jones did a great deal of grooming. They had countless 'white nights' where they would give out the flavoraid and say this is it. They were separated from anyone else and were constantly told that mass suicided may be the only answer. they were deprived of food, freedom, and sleep. Even then, many still resisted and were forced.

JW's don't have suicide as part of their culture and beliefs. They view it as evil. They would have to be conditioned and convinced first. Some will, but I think many would walk away. I know for a fact that I would have, because such an idea went so contrary to every single thing I had ever been taught.

Now----bring on persecution and offer up your life that way. Yes. Choose to die instead of taking blood or getting an abortion: Yes

But drinking Koolaid: no. Not yet anyway.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Watchtower 2015 April 1st Page 12 - "Well "Brothers" Jehovah told Abraham to kill his son and he was ready to obey....he was going to do it! Do you have such faith in Jehovah's faithful slave?........"

Hmmmm? Even Jehovah is alittle Jim Jones!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I once asked my (now ex-)wife that very question, and she said that she would. Then I asked her if she would also give it to our (then) baby daughter. She had to think about it for a bit, but finally said she wouldn't do that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit