Did you read the Daily Text everyday?

by Iamallcool 34 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

I did for a few months...I even coerced my partner into reading them with me....and that is what began my watchtower demise.

My partner would keep questioning EVERYTHING. check scripture against what was quoted. And point out how most of the time the scripture did not line up with what was being said.....it was the beginning of the end...THANK GOD for the daily reader.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

for a number of years I did. I would jump back on it whenever there was some crises

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

No, I tried but just couldn't do it.

However I leave it out on the table and gradually wear the edges/fold the cover so when my mom comes over she thinks I do.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

you are so clever

• ammo
    ammo

Groan!!! I used to have it by my bed and on waking reach out and read it, fully thankful for such inspiration, all the while marvelling at the relavance to my life. Blowing butterflies off the palm of my hand.

But one day I came on JWN and not long after the generations overlapping was the txt for the day and the next day was we should not be murmmerers questioning every little thing and finding fault. I have never picked up that book again.

Ahhh well you can't polish a turd!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit