Did you read the Daily Text everyday?

by Iamallcool 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Charlie, I did, and it was the same for me. All around me everyone was saying how spiritual it all was. How the Day Text seemed just written for that day, and I'd be thinking to myself, well, but it is just taken out of a WT article!

I knew all along it was part of a general ongoing brain wash... BUT, shameful fool that I was, I just stuck right on in there getting more and more brainwashed...

...Until that fateful day...

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

It was bad enough trying to MAKE time to study those Horrible WT Atricles...............

Not just once........ but how many times were U really supposed to study an article?????????

When u get the Mag..... On your Own.... with the Family.... then The Meeting!!!!

This I Gave up on Real Quick!!!

Always saying..... Sorry Jah... I'm trying really trying........... but I don't want to say Your Word is Boring............ but!!!!!

• factfinder
    factfinder

Yes!

Until around last year actually.

• Sargeant Pepper
    Sargeant Pepper

No. Only ever at service meetings.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

no, not normally, probably once a year perhaps, thought it was very anal to be forced to study their bs each day, and i never ever did any private study of the wt or any other of the publication

• umadevi
    umadevi

I do read the daily text but just the scripture and not the WTS interpretation.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Nope - I was a slacker from the get-go

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I read it when I felt like it (which was never). Of course, when we discussed it before morning field circus, I was forced--though, since I knew that there was nothing new about it, I never prepared ahead for it. That would have been a complete waste of my time.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

bttt

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Although I didn't read it every day, I did artfully fold the pages! Yeah. I did. First page---top right corner down. Second page bottom right corner up. Third page, top right and bottom right cornera folded toward each other to make a point. Repeat the pattern on all following pages. So the edges of the completed book would look kind of like a zig zag. So you see---my daily texts (of which I had MANY--kitchen table, desk at work, book bag, car, and some back ups for interested people) never really went to waste. No, not at all.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit