Kids on Leashes at Conventions.

by Diest 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Diest
    Diest

Yes, at the bottom of the baptismal pool.

• wha happened?
  • blondie
    blondie

My in-laws did that with their youngest son...he was always running off...it depends on the child. Many daycares tie children together lightly by the wrist, usually 2 adults to 10 kids, on their outings. The kids seemed happy. Parents put up gates at home to protect their children and use playpens and cribs to confine their movements to protect them. Sure is better than beating the crap out of them and scaring them never to take a step.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I put my 2-year old son on a leash at an assembly. He loved the leash when he was home, hated it at the assembly--or maybe it was just the assembly he hated. Anyway, it's a lot better than losing your child.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Joking aside, I think what kills me the most when I see children at the assembly, is the behavior of the adults. They act is if the bilding they are in is paradise and they let their guard down. Thye do not keep an eye on their children nor thier personal items. I've seen kids at quick builds just wandering around without a parent nearby. THERE'S NO MAGIC LINE KEEPING OUT THE BAD PEOPLE OR UNFORTUNATE CIRCUMSTANCES U IDIOT 'DUB!

Ok I'm better now

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I wish they would have put a leash on the MS servants daughter that kept coming around and biting all the little babies in the head..she left her teeth marks on almost every baby..they would take her in the back and beat the cra* out of her..it didn't help. She was only a few years old..
    They really took the "Beat the child" scripture to heart.

I wonder if they still get away with that in the Kingdom Halls..surely someone finally recognizes it as child abuse and reports it to the authorities now?

Snoozy

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the main reason I see parents using leashes has nothing to do with pedophiles. They are concerned that their child will dart out into traffic or get into trouble in a dangerous location and get hurt. People don't see anything wrong with using special seats for children in cars, gates on entries at home to stairs up or down, cribs that keep them from falling out of bed, etc. Leashes perform the same safety for children, especially children that are quick to run and parents that have more than two children. I see many parents use wagons to pull their child around that keeps them safe and in sight.

ps None of the people I saw using leashes were jws. I saw very little use of leashes at the assemblies/conventions. Leashes for children have been in use long before the awareness of pedophiles like we have today. Also, 60% of pedophiles are family members or friends so leashes would be of little use. No longer should it be considered "stranger, danger."

• Think About It
    Think About It

The WTS Governing Body has the parents on invisible leashes.

Think About It

• Diest
    Diest

Blondie I agree about the real danger coming from within the family. Stranger Danger is almost non existant on a % basis.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It isn't silly if your child has autism, is non-verbal, and a runner. I had to use a leash (a harness or child restraint sounds better) on my boy when he was 3 and we were traveling across country by plane. Had one stop in Houston and there was no way I was gonna lose that boy because he thought it was funny to run and not come back and on top of it couldn't talk to tell anyone what his name was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit