What the CO sends to the society! Your thoughts...

by MC RubberMallet 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

I have signed a fair few of those when I was on the Service Comittee.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

This raises a couple of questions:

Has the branch office been notified of all disfellowshipped and disassociated individuals who are now reinstated or deceased?

Why do they want to be informed of a disfellowshipped or disassociated person decease? I felt very secure in my apostate hood state, now not anymore.

Are any publishers under judicial restrictions and is their spiritual progress being monitored closely?

I wonder if some brothers could feel stalked by this. I remember I felt a bit unsettled by the last CO I had, this may explain why….

Anyway, who is obsessed with who? Are we apostates not right in feeling that we can not move on with our lives as free individuals and leave this organization behind once and for all?

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thanks for posting this MC Rubber Mallet.

• MC RubberMallet
  • VM44
    VM44

Why aren't the members of the congregation allowed to read the circuit overseer's report on his visit to the congregation?

It is their congregation after all!

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

In the reminders section of that form, one checkbox reads:

"Have contributions for the worldwide work and the Kingdom Hall Fund been sent to the branch office each month?"

This surely is a form of pressuring to send money on a monthly basis, is it not? I guess, more voluntary contributions equals increased spiritual blessings.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

MC RubberMallet, Are you sure this is the CO report to the 'Christian Congregation of Jehovh's Witnesses'? How this report has anything to do with the messages of the Bible such as:

James 1:27 'The Form of worship that is clean and undefield from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation'

Zechariah 7:9,10 This is what Jehovah of armies has said, 'with true justice do your judging and carry on with one another loving-kindness and mercies and defraud no widow or fatherless boys, no alien resident or afflicted one and scheme out nothing bad against on another in Your hearts.'

It looks more like one's report that fit into following charactor:

Isaiah 1:10-17 'Hear the word of Jehovah, You dictators......Of what benefit to me is the multitude of Your sacrifices?....Stop bringing in any more valueless grain offerings....it is something detestable to me..."and when you spread out your palms, I hide my eyes from you. Even though you makemany prayers, I am not listening with bloodshed Your very hands have become filled. Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean, remove the badness of your dealings from in front of my eyes, cease to do bad. Learn to do good, search for justice, set right the oppressor, render judgment for the fatherless boy plead the cause of the widow'

Or you must have mistaken it with the Mafia Report to the Boss.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

The whole thing is creepy. You really get a sense of the control the headquarters has over the congregations. It's amazing that they try to distance themselves from the congos legally.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Would a publisher be allowed to see this if they asked? It seems it sometimes could include personal information. So wouldn't it be covered by the data protection act and ordinary publishers be allowed to read it?

• SadElder
    SadElder

What is even more intriguing is what they don't show the elder body that is sent to the society? I have seen cases where self serving CO's sent ex parte communication to Crooklyn; the blindsided local body was unable to effectively defend themselves to onesided half truths.

Slimboy: lowly publishers would categorically be denied any access to such 'confidential' information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit