Getting away with murder - Literally

by usualusername 43 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername
    usualusername

Anne

You would murder/kill someone who kidnapped your kid? Then spend 20 years in prison?

• AnneB
    AnneB

He didn't spend 20 years in prison, did he.

Do you think he did it because of the kidnapping?

• usualusername
    usualusername

Another judge another day and you get sentenced. Yesterday in the UK a kid got two years for handling stolen goods.

The father did it because he was distraught over the abuse.

• AnneB
    AnneB

I'd say the father did it because the guy was a pervertER; he caused the boy's loyalties to change from family to him. The abuse went on for over a year and, apparently, the boy didn't tell his parents. The karate teacher did serious damage to the family arrangement, not just to the child. It was more than molestation or kidnapping, it was loss of security, loss of trust, meddling with thought processes, all kinds of things that will affect them all the rest of their lives. The boy didn't deserve that, his family didn't deserve that. The guy did wrong and knew it, else why the secrecy?

All these things don't have to come up into the conscious mind in order to know how to handle such a situation. All that was necessary was for the father to restore his son's trust. What better way than to eliminate the destroyer?

• usualusername
    usualusername

AnneB

Shall we agree to differ?

uun

• AnneB
    AnneB

Nah....the night is young (here)....discuss! :)

• tec
    tec

I highly doubt that father cared if he spent the rest of his life in prison. Maybe his motivation was just pure 'you die for what you did'. Maybe he just wasn't going to give that man a chance to hurt his family ever again. Right or wrong, I don't think there's anyone who could blame him for the action he took.

I didn't watch the video.

Peace,

tammy

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i have a 2 year old, and honestly, i have no problem with what happened. and i have no problem with the sentance. maybe if more people killed people who rape, let me repeat, RAPE their little children, the molesters will think twice about it. maybe im being harsh.

• AnneB
    AnneB

That's it exactly, tec; the father didn't have to think it through, he knew what had to be done and he did it. Brave man.

yourmomma: I'm not in favor of giving molesters a chance to think twice.

• tec
    tec

Maybe child rapists should start worrying more about the parents of those children, more than the courts and laws.

I don't like revenge, or violence, or murder, and I don't condone any of it... not even were I to have feelings of it myself (and I would in this situation). I do think education on prevention should be a priority, because a lot of child abusers were once victims as well, and no one helped them. (which is not the same as saying that a lot of victims become abusers, please don't mistake me) That is the best route to take, imo, to creating a safer, more peaceful and healing world. This should be a priority.

But a parent has a right to protect and defend their child as well.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit