Etan Patz Confessed Killer Attends Kingdom Hall

by breakfast of champions 35 Replies latest jw friends

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Somebody (not sure who) has their facts wrong. Seems like this Philly paper is the only one mentioning the Jehovah's Witness church. Others say it was the Pentacostal Church.

I searched for other stories mentioning JWs, but couldn't find anything else.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/wife-amp-daughter-etan-patz-suspect-seek-sanctuary-firestorm-family-church-article-1.1084585

P.S. creating links isn't working on the ipad... sorry

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Thanks, LEAVING QUIETLY for the additional info. I guess it's going to take some time to get this story right. . . and I can relate to your iPad woes - it sure is a pain in the ass to make links clickable.

This is exactly what I like about this forum, we can collectively gather and share information, and get a least some idea of whats going on out there in the world. . . unlike in the Watchtower Total Information Control Society.

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

The more you jump to conclusions without all the facts, the more you look like those "hateful apostates".

NightOwl

• Iamallcool
  • james_woods
    james_woods

OK - the news this morning did say that the suspect had confessed to not only his relatives, but also to someone "at a religious retreat" that he had "killed a kid in NYC". They did NOT say it was JWs that he confessed to. The word "retreat" itself is non-JW. The media was pretty clear in that the person who tipped off the police was a relative (not religiously related) to the suspect - who was alerted by the FBI search of the basement of that building.

There are two things in the original post story that made me doubt the suspect was actually a JW -

First - the Wife and Daughter said they had a restraining order against him. That is not JW behavior against a JW husband.

Second - the guy was plainly observed to openly smoke cigarettes on his porch by the neighbors - again, not JW behavior.

What (may I ask) does Rick Fearon have to do (or know about) with this???

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Someone gave the wrong details to the Media. I just do not who spilled the wrong facts to the media. I was thinking maybe Rick Fearon, maybe he has nothing to do with it at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit