Reinstatement in the kingdom hall means that you'll still be shunned by all for a long time = decades!

by witchtowerwitch 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• flipper
    flipper

For those of you who don't believe the validity and accuracy of the thought put forth in this thread- it's obvious you've never experienced being disfellowshipped. Come on now, let's be real

• new light
  • ssn587
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The answer to the original posters point is........It all depends. Depends upon what?

1) How popular you were before. If you were well "in" with the "in crowd" then you will be back , same as before barring any congregation restrictions but personal relationships will be fine.

If they did not like you very much before then they will like you less now.

2) What is was that you did. If you left your wife, being Sister Popular, & ran off with a young woman, married her and returned - forget it ! Your name is mud forever.

If it was for smoking or gambling nobody will care very much.

3) How decent your congregation is. Some will be welcoming, others are suspicious. Human nature, I guess.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I was disfellowshipped at the age of 17. The elders, my life long friends, would not let my mother sit by me at the hall. I had to sit by myself at the back of the hall. This sister always patted me on the back as she walked by my chair at the hall and it made me feel better. I remember asking one of the elders, who was not much older than me, when they were going to reinstate me as a whole year had passed and I had been faithful at attending meeting. He replied that Jehovah may have already forgiven me but they had not. I was reinstated a month or so afterwards. My whole family was in the "truth" and well thought of. I was welcomed back with open arms by everyone and during the rest of my life as a JW was looked upon as an excellent example of a witness. I was a very good witness. In fact, I think everyone was surprised when I faded and left. I guess it all depends on how things were before and how your family was viewed. Of course, now I think most hate me. One of my husband's friends, who is now out himself, told my husband that he should divorce me because I had become a Catholic. This guy was alway not a nice guy anyway, too full of himself.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

panhandlegirl:

Just think about it! There is something inherently wrong with what that elder said to you: "...Jehovah may have already forgiven you but they had not." They (whoever the hell they are) are in no position to assume they are there to forgive or judge anybody!!!

This is where most of the problems in this stupid religion lie. Too many fools there imagine they are some kind of authority or should have some say in other people's lives.

The whole thing is just too sick and dysfunctional and it doesn't even need any more crazy doctrines!

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

I've been disfellowshipped since December of last year. I'm so happy right now and the burden has truly been lifted. I have no intentions on going back because I know the organization is a fraud. My experiences has been that people talk....... far and wide..... and even if you try and switch Kingdom Halls, that mess seems to find its way to you.

I agree that it might be better to leave that circuit or move out of state. Shame, a person has to resort to something like that, but this is one of among many things that should tell you that God's spirit and direction is not with this organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit