Things you must avoid at all cost!!

by redvip2000 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I'd like to ask if you recall certain things you were forced to avoid or throw out because they were supposedly demonic, or connected with the occult, or even just plain bad.

I remember we were told to avoid the Harry Potter movies and books, because he is a magician. Also ACDC music.. lol.

And oh yeah, during a talk an elder specifically mentioned the show "Married with children", because it was a bad example of how a family should behave. I remember i thought to myself " damn that's my favourite show"

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Yeah I know what they told us was naughty and we shouldn't view/listen/read, or what we should throw away if we owned, but I never listened.

My parents weren't too strict and if I already owned it I just said I threw it out (I bought it with MY money and I like it so why the hell should I throw it out just 'cause you said so) or I would listen/view/read/buy in secret (what they don't know won't hurt 'em). To this day no witless, not even my family, truly knows what books I read, movies/shows I watch or music I listen to, nor do they know what I've done in the past.

So the only thing I avoid at all costs is letting other witlesses know what I'm not avoiding.

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

The Power Rangers, Penny Poker, LOUD RAP MUSIC <insert old man growl here>, being alone with anyone, acting like you are enjoying life while driving too or from the KH, Music while out in service, staying at a hotel not on the list at DC, tipping incorrectly at the DC... shall i go on?

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Pokemon (not sure why), Smurfs, Disney movies because they are associated with magic. Harry Potter. WWF wrestling. Boxing. MMA. Heavy Metal, Hard Rock Or Rap music. Michael Jackson music. Any song by AC/DC, RUSH, or KISS. Married with Children. Bewitched. Three's Company. And my favorite......Devil's Food Cakes because it has the word "devil" in it.

Self righteous pricks

• Nambo
    Nambo

Breathing, because Gays do that, so it must be really bad.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

When I was growing up, the WWF was massively popular. Everyone at school talked about it, had their favourite characters, moves and catchphrases. I wasn't allowed to watch it, but was able to glean enough off what they were saying to talk like I knew what I was talking about. This skill is helping me during our fade now.

When the Matrix first came out, there was 'concern' about this as the Neo character was in a messiah-like position.

I enjoyed listening to Metallica when I was at high school. If anyone found out about that, I would have had my @ss kicked for listening to demonic music. I quite happily listen to them now, along with Megadeth, Slayer, Hell Yeah and Machine Head. They form just part of my wide and eclectic taste. Demonic? No. Talented? Yes.

CSI, Underbelly, Harry Potter, Twilight, X-Files - I have heard many mentioned by name over the years.

Or as one brother put it: "If it's popular with the world, that means it has been promoted by Satan and we should avoid it."

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

John Cougar (I know I'm dating myself) something about his song "Hurt So Good" not being appropriated for young jws.

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

When the movie Brokeback Mountain came out I swear some people in my old hall had complete breakdowns.

• apostatekate
    apostatekate

I remember my grandmother telling me that Brother So-and-So wanted to have a talk to me after the meeting one evening. After the meeting when everyone was conversing in the lobby, the brother told me that I was no longer allowed to watch The Smurfs.

-Kate

• apostatekate
    apostatekate

It's been about 20 years since I've been in the loop, what are some recent no-nos? Is American Idol against Jehovah because it promotes "idol worship"? Are there any that might surprise me?

-Kate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit