by redvip2000 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wasblind
    wasblind

Young and the restless & Bold and the beautiful

promote debauchery at its best.

got to have my daily dose of debauchery

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

For Jehovah: Christmas anything. Apostate material from any source. Music from a good number of bands--including Michael Jackson, who I now highly recommend. (And Led Zeppelin, also highly recommended.) Anything that might help me develop my own soul and become less reliant on Jehovah (like your basic horoscopes, talismen, and psychic readings). Interest in the opposite sex--for everyone, it was grudgingly granted (they wanted me to ditch it altogether, as with spiritism). The flag. Mention of politics. Many TV programs that had an element of "luck"--particularly quiz shows, and particularly the then-popular show Press Your Luck.

For Satan: Stupidity.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

John Cougar (I know I'm dating myself) something about his song "Hurt So Good" not being appropriated for young jws.

Oh, that's funny! My first husband's non-jw father used to sit on the front poch, get drunk on homemade wine, and sing the hell out of that song! He was a one man band; played the harmonica, guitar, and foot drum.

• usualusername
    usualusername

Tins of Strawberry Nurishment. They had blood in it.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Married with Children was my favorite Yankee comedy. It was even better than Soap.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

They haven't mentioned Shameless and Wilfred, so I guess they are OK.

• jemba
    jemba

Easter eggs after easter that arent broken first. Eating them before or during easter is a terrible sin.

Poor JW kids not allowed to eat the evil cake when kids bring a birthday cake to school. Some parents brought cupcakes to put in the freezer in the school office for such occasions. WTF?... Whats the friggin difference?

Almost anything fantasy.

The dog foods the dubs suspected of having blood in. (In Australia at the moment its PAL) In the meantime the cat is in the backyard killing birds and licking up their blood.

Shops having a birthday sale. Shops having an anniversary sale ok though, make sure you eat some cake too, anniversary candles arent from demons only birthday candles.

Groups of singles hanging out together without a spiritual married couple to supervise.

Playing with worldly kids after school.

After school sports.

Using the words crap and hell.

Any soapie (too addictive)

Skirts above the knee.

Hitting the theme parks after the DC.

The simpsons.

Donating to charities

Going in free draws/competitions.

Shopping in op shops owned by churches.

Talking to the school counsellor about problems. (We have the elders who truly care about us)

And all of the above posts.

Basically trying to have any CONTROL over your own life.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I got rid of many things I regretted including a TV as I was persuaded nothing good came out of it and as most of the people on it were either gay or fornicators it was the equivalent of inviting them into my own home.

Derren Brown is welcome any time!

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Recently (2009) during a morning worship, Gerrit Loesch (i know, i know) stated Pre-Kindergarten should not be used by Christians. If a parent is a single parent and has no choice but to work, then it may be ok. Otherwise, no. And that's because they expose children to worldly influences and celebrations. So parents should stop being lazy.

Any recent bethelites in here that can back up my stories? I have TONS of morning worship/watchtower/special lecture notes and such that looking back, I'm like, WTH!

Locally:

Avoid 2 door cars (selfishness)

Sports jersies (idolatry)

Not getting married in KH

Parties bigger than 30 people

Parties

Anything with even a remote sense of enjoyment

Anything not centered on WBTS (like this trend I've seen more and more recently, where during a gathering, someone inevitably pulls out a song book. People's face at first is like "HELL NAH". But in order to be good Christians, a sing-a-long starts)

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Basically, all good Dubs should avoid anything that brings enjoyment to the average human being.

My mother told me that when The Simpson first came on, some Bro at the Circuit Assembly said "good little Dubbies shouldn't watch since Bart wasn't respectful to his father" . . . you've got to be f**ing kidding me ! ! It's cartoon show ! ! !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit