Are JW's really not allowed to view apostate material?

by Joey Jo-Jo 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

A witness can be DF for anything that 3 elders agree upon. Theoretically you SHOULD be able to read whatever you want. But of course when you show it to others....you are now creating a "sect". But even if you don't show it to others.....you would be blatantly disregarding the "faithful slave's" admonition to stay clear of "apostate" material. That...in and of itself could be considered to be "brazen" conduct. The elders manual defines brazen conduct as "licentiousness, filth, lasciviousness, wantoness, unbridled lust, outrageousness, shamlessness, insolence.......brazen conduct describes acts that reflect an attitude that betrays disrespect, disregard, or even contempt for divine standards, laws and authority." Your blatant disregard of the "faithful slave's" advice could easily be interpreted by 3 elders as "contempt for divine authority"

But yes.....elders can break that law.......IF......IF they are breaking it to prove that YOU'VE been looking at unapproved material so as to give you the boot.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Hounders, most of them in for the power, are supposed to snoop on everyone. When they view apostate material, it is usually with the goal of finding its source to make sure it isn't someone in their congregation. If they are in it for power, they already know it's a lie but are willing to go along with it anyways to maintain the power.

For everyone else, the worry is that someone will find out that the whole thing is a lie. With the Age of Questioning Everything Aquarius upon us, people are going to question everything in the religion. By banning witlesses from doing that under harsh punishment, they can slow down the process among them. They are using force to keep the flock in the Age of Accept Everything Without Questioning Anything Pisces, and it will only slow them down.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

SV - is that dress for real? The lady looks like she walked off the set of Little House on the Prairie!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

My study conductor told me I mustn't read anything at all about, for instance, the beliefs of other relgions, any of their material, anything by apostates (to begin with she had to explain what those were, etc.

The same study conductor who sat and looked at my perfectly ordinary family viewing collection of DVD's and told me to throw some of them away. Basically, Walt Disney was OK, but beyond that...

• wasblind
    wasblind

Chariko,

don't get me started

I was told to get rid of all my daughters old books like Snow white, Cinderella, Sleeping beauty etc.....

any fairytale wit magic. These characters are associated wit Disney

A place where the Witnesses in my hall frequented on a yearly basis

they even bring back pics wit their children wit the witch in snow white

seen the pic myself

Those kids were havin a ball, as they should have been

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Breakfast of champions:

SV - is that dress for real? The lady looks like she walked off the set of Little House on the Prairie!

Well, that's the way the Watchtower portrayed the lady of the house in 1986. It does look a little like Little House, or The Waltons, or something from a period gone by.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I think that elders can also talk to DA or DF right?

Cause they have extra strong armor plate, more than we do.

( must find chink in the armor. must find chink in the armor!!)

NJY aka Scummydross

• wasblind
    wasblind

Here at JWN, we not only found chinks, that armor has been demolished

the chink to be found is in the mindset of the Witness

• 00DAD
    00DAD

The RULES don't apply to the elders and clearly not to the WTBTS leaders. The rules are for one purpose and one purpose only: To CONTROL the sheep!

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

The biggest collection of anti- and apostate material I've ever seen in one place is in the Writing Department Library/Archives in Brooklyn. Think about that. You can't read it. They can. They have the spiritual where-with-all to withstand it. You don't. They have a mind that can handle it; they don't think you do.

They're next to God. You ain't, bub.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit