Are JW's really not allowed to view apostate material?

by Joey Jo-Jo 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

On youtube there is this man who recorded is judicial commitee, the point I am making is that the elders viewed his material on youtube as stated on the recording.

My question his are elders allowed to view apostate material but not non-elders? When did this happen?!

• FaithfulBrother
    FaithfulBrother

From what I understand, anyone is allowed to read material that is critical of the organization as long as they do not promote the material to other members. Promoting critical material to other members is a disfellowshipping offense--not reading it for yourself.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

If you read apostate material, you are in BIG trouble whether you promote it or not. If you keep reading it, you could be disfellowshipped.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Elders are also allowed to speak to DF'd and DA'd people---the assumption is they are spiritually strong and won't be affected. Plust they will put up their cult sheild to protect themselves.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Yes NC, it's like this, but it's emblazoned with a big bronze Watchtower... With little pyramids all around the perimeter...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah!

Damm! I LIKE that shield!!!

I can think of a few SCA'ers who would drool over that....

• alanv
  • wasblind
    wasblind

They ain't suited up, and booted up in armor as they think

you can strip 'em down wit thier own literature all day long

and leave 'em butt side naked

I don't need to show them anything outside of their own material

to prove what they are

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

If they view the material for investigative purposes with a view to nailing a suspect on apostasy, sure, they can view apostate material. Otherwise it is a big no-no. You could be DFd for intentionally and repeatedly viewing it even if you never "spread" it.

• ScenicViewer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit