Any more fond (not so) DC memories?

by outsmartthesystem 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• cheerios
    cheerios

i cant really think of any other than visiting with friends. the talks and dramas were always stupid. especially the symposiums. omfg lolwut! BORING! 2 or 3 guys that cant speak well sitting up and discussing some stupid subject ...

actually i just thought of a fond memory ... one year these people were sitting behind us and CONTRARY to what the idiots on the platform said, they had FOOD DURING THE PROGRAM!!!! OMFG BURN THOSE HEATHENS!!! Well the reason it is a fond memory is because the idiot sister gives her 2 year old a FULL thermos of milk ... in stadium seats .. not long later

*sploooosh* milk all over my sister in law ... soaked ...

and the idiot didnt even apologise lol

it is a fond memory because we got to leave early that day :)

• cheerios
    cheerios

and the attendants .. remember when they encouraged all the young brothers to reach out and be attendants? well i wanted to wear my sherrif's badge too. then one year i got my wish ...

... and got assigned bathroom duty.

this poor special-ed kid comes in, takes down his pants and uses the urinal for something it was not designed for .. he fell off and .. well do i need to paint a picture? it was EVERYWHERE

i turned in my attendant badge and went home.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"do not mess with me and my children. You will not win. "

Amen sister. Amen

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

The toilets always smelled bad...I just remember how sick I used to feel when

my mother hauled me in there to wee.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Linux - It has indeed been discussed before but I'll be damned if I can find the thread. Yes....I believe 100% that the Watchtower society works out a deal w/ the hotels on the list. Not just so you can get a cheap room......but if they can guarantee a weekend of max occupancy for said hotel vs the average 40% occupancy....then guess what? They can also get a healthy 10% kickback from the profits. Trust me. I volunteer for an association that exists to support the industry I am in. As an association that holds a big conference each year....we can and have done this.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Don't know whether I can call this a fond memory or not but it was certainly an experience. As a small child at a DC in Edinburgh. We camped in a huge campsite. It was freezing cold, a canvas tent and hard camp beds with army blankets. A bucket to wee in and a bowl to wash. It was a long trek to the wash block. The assemblies then lasted 5 days, morning, afternoon and evening sessions divided by dinner break and tea break where you stood in long queues for hours and ended up with stew, mash potato, mushy peas and stewed prunes and custard. I was too small to stand up at the long trestle tables that the grown ups could, so sat underneath the table on the grass (it was all in huge marquees)...... ahhh them were the days! LOL

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think the smart solution would have been to simply walk out on the spot. You get told to move. Sure, you will--right out of the arena. And, telling the hounder attendant that your disassociation letter is on his conscience (and that he will be held accountable to Jehovah) should at least give them a guilt trip, especially if you just pack up and leave the whole thing. You will still have the 2 hour drive, but at least you will get peace and quiet at home.

After that, don't attend anything. You had a legitimate problem (a baby that needed sleep, and could have been disturbing others). The solution was reasonable in the circumstances (the baby wasn't disturbing the program there). Then the hounder came out and created a problem--that's when you should pack up and leave, again putting your disassociation on his conscience. Usually, when they are afraid that they have stumbled someone (and especially if you quit going to boasting sessions altogether, or even make good on your disassociation), they will feel guilt that they are going to get destroyed for stumbling someone. If nothing else, it will show them that they cannot push others around for no good reason--and it may well cause a hounder to waste much time worrying about stumbling you that a congregation might run into other problems.

• clarity
    clarity

Oh boy so many years so much angst ....honestly I can't remember any of it fondly!

The one thing that does stand out,... is the BIG RELIEF when it was over!

>

We laughed at the catholics for their antics of crawling on hands and knees into the churches to show their faith.

The bloodier the knees ... the purer the faith!

>

After sitting on our a$$es for days at a time, I think the knee crawl might have been preferrable!

>

But the only good part, was when we finally arrived back at home, with aching ears and a sore behind, we could feel that our PENANCE was paid up for another few months! Wheeeewwwwww

clarity

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Yes. My favorite memory after attending every District Convention, speaking at them, working in administration, etc since 1969.....was my very last one.........when I walked out, looked back and said out loud..."never again"

I'd have to say the 2008 convention. It was the first one in a long time I was nothing but a lowly publisher.......I got to sit in the audience. What an eye opener.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

To be quite honest after my thirty some odd years of attending (born-in) I don't have any good memories of a DC or ass-em-bleed.

They're all negative!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit