A heart-wrenching comment from the JW survey...

by cedars 30 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

It is very hard when one reaches a crossroads such as this :This is what I have come to beleive over so many years : Now I find myself in a quandary , because of the inconsistincies ,backflips ,excuses , wrong expectations , over exuberance , running ahead of the organization ,reading into scripture what wasn`t their , ( blaming everybody, except taking responsability for their own pronouncements { and in print may I add } over these past 130 years , WATCHTOWER (WTB&TS ) HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME

smiddy

If their is anybody/organization on earth that fits the description of Deuteronomy capter 18 :20 -22 then it certainly is Jehovah`s Witnesses / the WatchTower Bible & Tract Society the WTB&TS whose failed bible prophecies,expectations ,fullfilments in due time ,have never eventuated in over 130 years / what more can I say .

smiddy

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

When a person opens his eyes and sees light for the very first time, he instinctively flinches, squints, and slowly adjusts. So it is with all of us when we discovered the truth about "the truth." We all are at different stages: some of us are still flinching, some are squinting, some are slowly adjusting, and others are now wide-eyed and loving the light. Although, some unfortunately will close their eyes again, how can you keep your eyes closed after seeing something as awesome as the sun for the first time? You can't.

This gentleman is in the earliest stages. He is seeing light for the first time, flinching, not understanding what it is that's hurting his eyes - but once you see it, you can never go back to the darkness.

Cedars, take heart. Let him know he's not alone. Encourage him to think - to research it out. This is a self-discovery process. JWStruggle is a great place for this fellow to start his journey.

The WTS is as flimsy as a house of cards. We're at a point in time when they've painted themselves into a tight corner. The weight of 130 years is starting to take its toll. More people than we realize are starting to see it too. It doesn't take much logic and research for any thinking human being to start to see through the problems. This guy is a thinker... he's trying to connect the dots. He will. And the brain can't undo what it discovers.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Who knows, maybe he will be contributing to this thread at some point? Wouldn't that be cool!!

Cedars . . . a suggestion for what it's worth.

Why not say, along with your reply, that you mentioned his situation to friends who have/had the same concerns, and this is what they had to say. Then send him a selection of comments from this thread. There are some great comments here which speak from the heart . . . just as he did. He will recognise that and maybe connect with it. Many hands make light work? (pun intended)

Just a thought . . . your call.

• irondork
    irondork

It broke my heart reading this man's note. He is literally crying out to Jehovah for protection from the governing body.

Cedars, please make sure you let this guy know he has friends all over the world pulling for him.

And you too, BTW.

• jemba
    jemba

Thanks for this thread Cedars, we all get down from time to time. I personally come straight to JWN when something 'witless' related gets to me.

I hope you too find comfort from us as we do from you. Your empathy and kindness shines through in your posts and threads and makes me feel better.

Thankyou for being there for me in the past Cedars.

I agree that this is actually a positive message from this poor guy, it means hes acting on his cognitive dissonance.

• cedars
    cedars

Right, I've replied! It's a fairly lengthy reply, but I wanted to get a few things across. I obviously tried to reassure him that many share his doubts, and it's perfectly normal. I explained that inconsistencies in bible prophecy were one of the first things to trigger doubts in me.

I gave him 2 examples of major issues that the Witnesses have no answers to, namely (1) increasing light - no scriptural support for the doctrine as per my "makeweight scenario" which some of you are familiar with, and (2) the Governing Body - not mentioned in the bible, no scriptural mandate, not in existence when Christ supposedly selected the Bible Students in 1919, claims to be "representative" of the Slave Class but not interested in other anointed, labels such ones 'crazy'.

I pointed him in the direction of www.jwfacts.com, and gave him a link to an online PDF of crisis of conscience. I told him not to be afraid of either resource, because neither are bitter or hateful against Jehovah's Witnesses - they simply explain the flaws in doctrine using the Society's own literature.

I decided the best thing to do re. sizemik's suggestion was to tell him that I've shared his experience with friends of mine on a forum, and many have given words of encouragement and support. I've told him if he wants me to pass on these messages, I will gladly do so. It seems to me the best way to do things. I don't want him to feel too intimidated.

I obviously told him not to be afraid to investigate further, and that there is life after "the Truth". I hope he takes it all to heart. We'll see what he says in reply, if anything.

I'll let you know what happens!!!

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

jemba

I hope you too find comfort from us as we do from you. Your empathy and kindness shines through in your posts and threads and makes me feel better.

Thankyou for being there for me in the past Cedars.

Aw, give us a hug! You've made my day!

Cedars

• Quendi
    Quendi

I want to express my appreciation for this thread, cedars, as well as the remarks many have made on it. I don't have much to add except to say this. More than one poster has talked about the difficulties all of us have had since severing ties with the WTS. I believe this is true because we are undergoing what I choose to call spiritual detoxification. We are purging ourselves of the spiritual poisons that accumulated in us during our years and even decades of association with this cult.

Detoxification is not something that can be done overnight or in some short span. It can take weeks, months and even years. It goes along with the rediscovery of our real nature and the wonderful personal growth which accompanies that rediscovery. Yes, there will be times of pain, confusion and lack of focus, but we should soldier on, secure in this new-found belief in ourselves and in our Heavenly Father who has never ceased loving us. That will enable us to continue our life journey with real joy. My friends, I wish the same for all of you and want to once more thank all of you for the love, support and encouragement you have given to me ever since I joined this forum.

Quendi

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Did he mean sick Jehovah instead seek Jehovah?

• scotoma
    scotoma

This is not unique to JW's. It is repeated over and over by devout people in all religions. The fact that he still believes in god is an indication that he really hasn't gotten very far. Every religion bamboozles its members. To escape the transcendental deception one has to start putting quotes around everything in the "Holy" writings. Instead of saying - "Jesus said...." it is better to say Unidentified writers have reported that "Jesus said..."

This technique needs to be repeated over and over until it becomes an ingrained habit. At first it seems futile. But sooner or later it sinks in.

to have said "Jesus said..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit