A heart-wrenching comment from the JW survey...

by cedars 30 Replies latest jw friends

• mind blown
    mind blown

It's truly amazing to see how many JW's are now seeing something is wrong! You're a kind soul Cedars you'll find the right words to say....maybe he has certian questions you may be able to answer or help him with....

• sd-7
    sd-7

Maybe I'm odd here, because it wasn't heart-wrenching for me; it was a sign of hope. This man is already well down the road to freedom and maybe he doesn't even realize it. It makes me think. If there are men like this all over the world, then the unity the Society speaks of isn't even half as strong as I first imagined. The question is, which way will he go? Will he put his head down and try to work away his doubts, or will he follow them to their conclusion? I'd be curious to know what becomes of him. Because a lot of people never think this hard about the doctrine and just go through life feeling that something is wrong, but never knowing what.

It is sad, but hopefully it's only the darkness before the dawn.

--sd-7

• cedars
    cedars

sd-7

Maybe I'm odd here, because it wasn't heart-wrenching for me; it was a sign of hope.

Excellent point. I hadn't thought of it that way.

Cedars

• sd-7
    sd-7

Of course, I should add that, when I was in the mindset this man is in right now, it was a sad existence. Only something deep and personal enough to hit me hard was sufficient to prompt me to go beyond those thoughts and search for some real answers. So I'm not minimizing his anguish or anything; I was there recently enough to remember what it's like. It's scary to contemplate that one-way trip of searching for answers beyond the organization. I wonder if it occurs to him, as it did to me, with all the Society's paranoia about apostates that in fact the Society is afraid of something, and that maybe these apostates have clues worth investigating.

But this is the stirrings of freedom right here, what this man wrote. That's why I feel more hopeful than sad.

--sd-7

• tornapart
    tornapart

He loves Jehovah, he loves Jesus Christ. He has lost his faith in the GB. Like so many of us. Cedars you are a very articulate man and you have written some very upbuilding and encouraging pieces. Here is someone who has given their life to what they thought was their God only to find out it's been given to an organisation. Now they are discovering the truth. I'm sure you will find the right words to say. I understand about your father, the same thing has happened for me and my mother. It's a very hard position to be in. Wish you all the best!

• ziddina
    ziddina

That is sad, but I do agree with what sd-7 said in his earlier post.

His confusion - though painful - is an indication that he's waking up.

I just hope his wife and family exit with him.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

What is so sad about this comment is that no one should ever feel that they cannot share their innermost feeling with those closest to them. No one should feel the stress of losing family or friends just because they do not agree with what an outsider, which is what the wts is, teaches. How many more people like this man are there in this world. People like we once were. As sd-7 stated, there is hope in this man's comments. The mere fact that he answered the survey demonstrates his hope for some answers to his questions. He is doubting the wts.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I feel for him. But at least he sees a difference between God and the GB. Sadly that line is being more and more blurred these days.

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

this is both encouraging and heart wrenching. i remember the anxiety i felt as i realized that the gb was an evil slave. they have had my family hostage for 3 generations! i knew in that fateful moment the heavy price i will have to pay for my thought crimes.

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone, thanks for those comments.

I'll reply to him today. Maybe it would be best to keep my reply to him private rather than post it here word-for-word, but I'll give you the gist of what I said once it's sent. Who knows, maybe he will be contributing to this thread at some point? Wouldn't that be cool!!

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit