Why Do Introvert Elders Even Bother, What's Their Game?

by Bubblegum Apotheosis 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Well,sometimes,a man isn't really reaching out to be an elder. Sometimes,he is guilted into it,and afraid to say no to the appointment

Thats why I accepted re-appointment. I know I know what an idiot. This religion is very very bad for you emotionally and psychologically.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Introvert just means that you get your drive and energy from quiet activities with your own thoughts. Extroverts get their drive and energy from being around people.

There are shy extroverts and outgoing introverts. For some reason the world seems to view introverts as second class citizens and tout extroversion as the model for all.

Your post comes off as rather offensive to anyone pleased to be an introvert.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

I don't agree that someone who is an "introvert" makes a good elder, or ministerial servant. Let me get this straight, ok, how would you sisters feel, if your shy elder and his very shy elderette never spoke one word to you in ten years?"

The Shepherd of the sheep who is "predominantly concerned with their own thoughts and feeling rather than external things" is a good elder on which planet?

JWN and other websites contain tens of thousands of stories where "nobody ever went looking for the missing brother or sister" Introvert elders do have a strange way of showing their love to the flock they never spoke to. Shy is an excuse, a crutch to help people stay in their "comfort zone or zombie zone" just think if everyone was "shy and Introvert" medical doctors, police officers, prison guards, special forces commanding soldiers, fire fighters.

We learn something new everyday, I personally have never seen anyone forced into accepting the positon of Servant or Elder. I never enjoyed field service with "introverts", they let you talk at all the doors, they let you call all the inactive brothers and sisters, introverts have no problem letting you take "crisis phone calls at night" (their too shy to answer their phones) and heaven forbid, the introvert get's out of their comfort zone, and greets new attending people at the Kindom Hall.

The Ambulence driver and paramedic who is too shy to ask "is your chest hurting?" "are you choking?" 'Sorry maam, my partner is very shy, he don't say much but he's a good guy, not much a paramedic but he here!

Google Definition "in·tro·vert/'intr??v?rt/
    Noun:
    A shy, reticent, and typically self-centered person.
    A person predominantly concerned with their own thoughts and feelings rather than with external things"

introvert /in·tro·vert/ (in´tro-vert)
    1. a person whose interest is turned inward to the self.
    2. to turn one's interest inward to the self.
    3. a structure that can be turned or drawn inwards.
    4. to turn a part or organ inward upon itself. http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/introvert

introvert (Oxford Dictionary)http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/introvert

noun
    Pronunciation: /'?ntr?v??t/
    a shy, reticent person.
    Psychology a person predominantly concerned with their own thoughts and feelings rather than with external things.

in·tro·ver·sion (ntr-vûrzhn, -shn)
    n.
    1. The act or process of introverting or the condition of being introverted.
    2. Psychology The direction of or tendency to direct one's thoughts and feelings toward oneself.
    intro·versive (-vûrsv) adj.
    The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
    introversion [??ntr?'v????n]
    n
    1. (Psychology) Psychol the directing of interest inwards towards one's own thoughts and feelings rather than towards the external world or making social contacts
    2. (Medicine / Pathology) Pathol the turning inside out of a hollow organ or part Compare extroversion
    introversive , introvertive adj
    Collins English Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
    introversion Psychology.
    1. the act of directing one's interest inward or toward the self.
    2. the state of being interested chiefly in one's own inner thoughts, feelings, and processes. Cf. extraversion. - introvert, n. - introvertive, introversive, adj.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

I don't agree that someone who is an "introvert" makes a good elder, or ministerial servant. Let me get this straight, ok, how would you sisters feel, if your shy elder and his very shy elderette never spoke one word to you in ten years?"

The Shepherd of the sheep who is "predominantly concerned with their own thoughts and feeling rather than external things" and a good elder on which planet?

JWN and other websites contain tens of thousands of stories where "nobody ever went looking for the missing brother or sister" Introvert elders do have a strange way of showing their love to the flock they never spoke to. Shy is an excuse, a crutch to help people stay in their "comfort zone or zombie zone" just think if everyone was "shy and Introvert" medical doctors, police officers, prison guards, special forces commanding soldiers, fire fighters.

We learn something new everyday, I personally have never seen anyone forced into accepting the positon of Servant or Elder. I never enjoyed field service with "introverts", they let you talk at all the doors, they let you call all the inactive brothers and sisters, introverts have no problem letting you take "crisis phone calls at night" (their too shy to answer their phones) and heaven forbid, the introvert get's out of their comfort zone, and greets new attending people at the Kindom Hall.

Google Definition "in·tro·vert/'intr??v?rt/
    Noun:
    A shy, reticent, and typically self-centered person.
    A person predominantly concerned with their own thoughts and feelings rather than with external things"

introvert /in·tro·vert/ (in´tro-vert)
    1. a person whose interest is turned inward to the self.
    2. to turn one's interest inward to the self.
    3. a structure that can be turned or drawn inwards.
    4. to turn a part or organ inward upon itself. http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/introvert

introvert (Oxford Dictionary)http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/introvert

noun
    Pronunciation: /'?ntr?v??t/
    a shy, reticent person.
    Psychology a person predominantly concerned with their own thoughts and feelings rather than with external things.

in·tro·ver·sion (ntr-vûrzhn, -shn)
    n.
    1. The act or process of introverting or the condition of being introverted.
    2. Psychology The direction of or tendency to direct one's thoughts and feelings toward oneself.
    intro·versive (-vûrsv) adj.
    The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
    introversion [??ntr?'v????n]
    n
    1. (Psychology) Psychol the directing of interest inwards towards one's own thoughts and feelings rather than towards the external world or making social contacts
    2. (Medicine / Pathology) Pathol the turning inside out of a hollow organ or part Compare extroversion
    introversive , introvertive adj
    Collins English Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
    introversion Psychology.
    1. the act of directing one's interest inward or toward the self.
    2. the state of being interested chiefly in one's own inner thoughts, feelings, and processes. Cf. extraversion. - introvert, n. - introvertive, introversive, adj.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Are you talking about "The jerks who want the perks without the works " ?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" Let me get this straight, ok, how would you sisters feel, if your shy elder and his very shy elderette never spoke one word to you in ten years?"

As the introvert that I am I would love it. My mother, extrovert that she is and a glutton for attention, would hate it. Introverts can be leaders, we just bring a different vibe to the table.

Reading your last couple of posts leads me to believe that you don't like introverts. Kinda reminds me of the rants of my mother that I had to listen to when I was a child where she would go on and on about how I didn't have a personality because I was quiet and shy instead of outgoing like her. Yeah, those were good times.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I still think you are describing lazy not shy or introverted!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Bubble, quite recently there was a topic about the Myers Biggs personality test. A lot of folks here told the mini test and quite a few identified as introverts.

Just thought you should know that.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Really, I think this whole topic goes against the Forum Guidelines:

1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language
    2. Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.
    3. Swearing, using hate-speech or making obscene or vulgar comments.

I don't think Bubblegum Apotheosis understands introverts in the least. There is a place for people like that. It's called the Governing Body.

• TOTH
    TOTH

I think most elders are A-personality shit heads. they push and scratch and step all over anyone during their quest for power. It made me wonder how some of these wimpy sort ever made it to that position when i was a young man. i NEVEr reached out for ANY position because I believe that ANYONE who wants power and authority and seeks it out should have it withheld from tehm on general principle. Responsibilties are thrust upon those who can handle it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit