Did you used to be an assembly food rapist?

by yourmomma 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• noni1974
    noni1974

People wonder why I have an obsession with frozen chocolate pudding.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Must have done it different over here, unless the old memory is playing up again..

The last I remember , was that the congregations took cash in advance and supplied cardboard sheets of food tokens , you tore off a token to pay the set price for your food and drink , That way they took no money on site and got cash in advance. Then they upped and cancelled the whole food service

We used to moan about it when it was there but complained even more when they took it away

BTW, you would not want to over indulge in that stuff anyway .........

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well it was a money maker for them originally as everyone went home with some of those unspent stupid tear off tickets.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

I seem to remember my parents having to get some raffle ticket looking

things to get that nasty food. I can't eat pudding or cheese danishes

to this day. UGH

• straightshooter
  • outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Anyone remember when they had Vess cola before Shasta?

I would have liked to have stocked up and ate during the whole damn thing but at that time, my dad was an assembly nazi. No eating food or candy, no chewing gum, no drawing, no talking, no closing your eyes, you need to sit still for 8 straight hours etc etc. You know....the normal things one might ask any 7 year old boy to do.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I think that describes an assembly food thief. Unless you were forcing sex on the apples.

I didn't realize they went to donations. With the cheapness level of the dubs, I don't know how they could afford to do that.

I think I got a discount on meal tickets when I was a fake pioneer or something, but not free.

• NCO
    NCO

I got fired from the JW's before the food service was "simplified" out of existence. I was in back in the day when we had full food service. The fruit, Shasta colas (I don't even see that stuff at the ghetto Kroger any more!), and those awful hoagies. For some years I ran the big industrial coffee machine at the Macon Coliseum, making sure several thousand people had enough caffeine to stay awake. Or was it Awake! ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit