Did you used to be an assembly food rapist?

by yourmomma 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL yourmomma....gotta get your moneys worth somehow I suppose...that made me giggle

Wha happened....snooze you loose....LOL

• Room 215
    Room 215

I goota confes, I used to love the chicken they served at the Buckingham (Pa.) assembly hall... it used to be falling-off-the-bone perfect and moist, delicious... and it was made in bulk, without a great deal of fuss; it drove me nuts that I coudn't duplicate it at home.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I always wondered how their nectarines were always perfectly ripe. I could never buy them like that in the store.

Pasta Salad---Horifying nightmare.

Shasta---godhelpme----I brought my own pepsi.

but the pudding was good.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nope, was too busy trying to finish my food so I could run around the Cow Palace, the Oakland Coliseum, the jw Fremont convention hall (there were animal pens in the back) and Candlestick before the second session started.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i would like to add, that when i did this, i was 17 years old, young and dumb you could say. i dont know if it was my area, but we almost never ran out of food, in fact, at the end of sunday, they would be standing at the gates trying to get people to take food. (of course the donation boxes were with them). so i want to clarify i would never knowingly be a food rapist if i knew there were familys who couldnt get food. that would just be f'd up.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I got my fair share, but I never remember donating explicitly for it. In the end, I didn't donate anything for anything at all--and that was right before they discontinued the arrangement.

Anyone who misses the pudding: Just buy the pre-packaged pudding from the store (it's the same thing) and put it in the freezer until it freezes. Allow to thaw slightly, and enjoy.

• out4good3
    out4good3

I guess when I was in, me an the wife were the totally opposite. While we gave generously, as we usually sat with familial relatives, we were appalled that they gave barely enough to cover the costs if at all. . We often saw them counting pennies and change to donate for the food surprising because they had better jobs and were a whole lot better off than us. These same family would often get enough food to eat during their drives home also.

We knew that food by the donation arrangement wouldn't last though as we saw many who would get up before the end of the last talk before lunch to get food, then get so much that if you weren't there for the first few minutes you got nothing. that coupled with the typical cheapskateness of witnesses it ws only a matter of time before the even newer simplified arrangement of bringing your own foos would be born.

• cheerios
    cheerios

yuck i remember that awful food. those of you who never had the 'privilege' of the assembly food .. be thankful. yuck.

while the frozen orange juice and the frozen pudding was tolerable, the rest of the food they served in the dallas area was roadkill. i knew someone who ate 3 burritos and pretty much closed down the wing containing one of the only two men's bathrooms ... it was almost bad enough to warrant evacuation

and dont get me started on muff'n eggs ...

hmm actually now that i think about it .. i wonder if the retards that named the muff'n egg had a clue that the first four letters of the item is a euphemism LOL

• blondie
    blondie

Those must have been some of the same people who cleaned out the breakfast buffet at the hotels. The hotels complained to the WT administration who ran a warning each year in the KM. I never saw a change.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

yeah we did the same thing in the 70's and 80's but took the food to the rescue missions and made dontations each and every morning, noon and night - we felt good feeding the really poor soles

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit