Did anyone else see the Beach Boys on Charlie Rose Friday and Mick Jagger on SNL

by Band on the Run 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Frankly if I was Mick Jagger's grandson, I would be embarrassed after watching that performance on SNL !

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I enjoyed it alot!!!!

He was Mick...

And I Liked the Choice of song!!!!!!!!

My Fav skit.....He doesn't sound anything like Mick ...and Moves with Jagger is NOT A STONES SONG!!! LMAO!

• designs
    designs

Mick's song Tea Party contained the line about Romney 'don't let him cut your hair'

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I agree with CBjr, I thought Mick did a fantastic job on SNL. Mick pretending to be a shy insurance salesman while other guys are doing terrible karaoke of Stones songs. He was in nearly every skit AND was the musical guest performing 3 songs. That's more than most of their guests and musical acts do combined.

He's not a 'comedian', but he didn't look tied to the cue cards like most guests. He did far better than Lindsay Lohan.

I've never been a huge fan of his singing. Not my taste in a singing voice, but he is a performer. I actually left the volume turned up for his songs, something I don't always do for SNL musical guests. And he was 100% LIVE on those songs. Not like what's-her-face that botched her lip-sync performance on SNL.

I agree that he looked thin and 'saggy'. But he's 68 and performing like that for the last show of the SNL season. Dude's doing something right.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    He did far better than Lindsay Lohan.

Surely we could have found a better attribute for such a legend, Billy?

BTW, as long as we are on the subject of forgotten rockers - does anybody know what happened to Jerri Hall?

I confess nothing, but I have heard that Dallas men are supposed to have a special place in their hearts for Ms. Hall.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I thought Mick was great. He was charming, funny and a good sport. The singing wasn't great, but the music was, IMO. he cracks me up.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

I Don't have one Stones Album. but know all there songs . watch SNL most every week and MICK was GREAT. better than most any musicial artist i have seen on SNL in years. AND I"M NO STONES FAN

• dyakoub
    dyakoub

OT: Leolaia, I just now realized what your avatar is- "fantastic; brilliant; KooL". (Enter emininem) "I need a Doctor". Sorry I got excited and got carried away. Point being, I love the Doctor.

• charlie brown jr.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit