Solar Eclipse Tomorrow, May 20, 2012

by ohiocowboy 30 Replies latest jw friends

• darthfader
    darthfader

Us in Arizona have a good seat. We're traveling a bit north today to see it. I've got my pinhole cardboard paper ready. No direct observations for us -- we don't have welding hemlmets :)

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I invited the neighborhood to watch with me. I have about six eclipse filters, two superzoom cameras....you could view directly through the filters or through the camera LCD. I will also have a straw hat for the pinhole effect. Should be fun for the kids.

• designs
    designs

The Eclipse is just starting here 5:44 West Coast.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I got a short look at the start (with proper solar viewing glasses). Unfortunately, the sun is gone behind some clouds so I won't see the peak eclipse at local sunset.

• mP
    mP

Ah eclipses the standing sun of Joshua's battle where he asks Gods help to defeat his enemies.

• darthfader
    darthfader

Some pictures -- cardboard on cardboard...

Photobucket

Just a picture of our front shade screen with the tree acting like many pinhole cameras -- notice all the crescents!

Photobucket

• Gayle
    Gayle

Got to see the partial eclipse here in Phoenix a bit ago. A neighbor let me see through his welder's mask. so awesome!!

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I'm glad that some of you got to enjoy it too! I used a pair of binoculars as a projector to shine on a wall (I did NOT look at the sun directly through them), and it worked out pretty well and got to see the crescent in different positions. The only hard thing was trying to keep the binoculars still enough for an extended period.

Remember, for all those on the east coast of the USA and Southern Europe, you will get to see an Eclipse on 11/3/13!

• talesin
    talesin

OC, pls check yr pm. :)

• Gayle
    Gayle

Thanks Leolaia,,I have never heard of the "Venus Transit," will definitely plan to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spYZ8sZBTv0

http://www.curtrenz.com/transit29.html going to try to find some "eclipse glasses," cheap ones,,the few dollar ones are sold out for now .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit