by sizemik 17 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL @ Band

what a vision

• sizemik
    sizemik

Emptyinside . . . great point.

The most arrogant double standard for me was the having to discard a personal religious symbol (in this case the cross) in a totally secular environment. At the same time JW's see it as their human right (they repeatedly fight for it under "freedom of religion") to come on to private property ad nauseum, to evangelise their own exclusive form of religion. That's a "royal" flush in bigotry and hypocrisy right there.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

What a hypocrite. He doesn't like the cross, but uses the love symbol. Won't sing some of his songs, but will sing Cream. Belongs to a religion that claims to be against materialism, but charges $450 per ticket.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

He still does erotic city!

I remember when they banned that from all JW gatherings...talk about irony?!?

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...There should be a JW Prince contest. Every particpant must sing such songs in the Kh while holding their crotches. When it comes to the elders, invoke the Jackson/ Prince defense. ...." Band on the Run

Hee hee!!!

Like WasBlind said...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

You'll all be happy to know that his girlfriend is also a JW. Perhaps this is at the Minneapolis Discrap Crapvention.

DC

• londonlady
    londonlady

sounds to me like a classic case of a jw forcing their beliefs on everyone else. and he can sing songs about blow jobs but gets offended if anyone swears around him?? the word that springs to mind is hypocrite! perfect jw then!

• steve2
    steve2

Well, even in his pre-JWs days - with his JW mother eyeing his every movement with a worried frown - Prince had a rather "antiseptic" take on sexuality. Even his seemingly cruder songs oozed a faintly precious air not unlike the person who resents the fact that "wild sex" rumples perfectly ironed sheets.

Look at the man of small stature through the decades - seldom a hair out of place. Even at his most lascivious, he retained perfectly combed hair and spotlessly pressed clothing. This man talked and sang "dirty" but pranced like an asthmatic peacock. "Look at me talking dirty. Look at me but don't crumple my feathers."

Little wonder he succumbed to his dying mother's wish that he go back to the kingdom hall. So he's conveniently got rid of the most overt indications of unbridled sex - he never had too many of them at hand anyway.

Meanwhile, his whirlwind world tour trundles on, raking in the bucketfuls of dirty cash and saving the odd sexed-up song for his antiseptic-sex-at-a-distance devotees.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit