The Ruling "Prince" of Dubland

by sizemik 17 Replies latest jw friends

• sizemik
    sizemik

This is an extract from a Brisbane Times article regarding Princes current tour of Australia . . .

Seems Prince is finding his feet as the uber-dub these days. Even freedom of religion is conditional it seems, ie; only for JW's

PRINCE LIKES TO KEEP IT CLEAN

HE SANG nearly all his hits and delivered a volley of knockout shows across Sydney last weekend, but behind the scenes Prince has made it abundantly clear who sits atop the great purple throne as it gets wheeled out for one more show at the Allphones Arena on Tuesday night.

Having converted to Jehovah's Witness over a decade ago, Prince has become somewhat more conservative when it comes to the goings on backstage.

He is a strict observer of his faith's religious teachings and practices, and none of it sounds terribly rock'n'roll.

For starters, he has a strict no swearing rule for all the production crew working on his mega concerts. One Australian roadie told PS this week: ''In Australia, all the roadies swear, it's just the way it has been since Elvis was a baby. But if you swear and Prince hears you, we have been told we will be out of a job immediately. He's pretty touchy about it.''

As the Prince tour blitzed its way around the country, other accounts have also emerged revealing how staunch the performer has become, including one tale about a delivery of Nudie juices taken to the performer's dressing rooms.

''He didn't like the brand name on the label, so all the labels had to be removed,'' said one insider.

Prince has also made it clear no one is to wear any crucifixes on their body or clothing if they are working backstage. Jehovah's Witnesses believe the cross is a ''pagan'' symbol and do not use it in their worship.

And while he still managed to sing his raunchy track Cream last Saturday night, he has banned his racier tracks from his shows' set-lists, including Dance Music Sex Romance, Darling Nikki and Sexy Mother F****r.

However PS is pleased to report that at the grand age of 53, the diminutive star (who at 1.57m is exactly the same height as Kylie Minogue) still prances about on stage in killer stiletto heels.

Retirement and a pair of sensible Kumfs appear to be a fair way off.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/lifestyle/private-sydney/kerrching-as-miranda-and-djs-talk-turkey-20120518-1yvrx.html#ixzz1vMJFJRvu

• mP
    mP

Does Prince still use that ankh rip off symbol. ?

• FWFranz
    FWFranz

If I met Prince I would like to ask him a question that would, I am sure leave him speechless. As a believing JW who is convinced that we are on the brink of Armageddon, why isn't he compelled to quit the music business with all its bad associations and tempataions. I am sure he has enough in the bank to keep him preaching FULL TIME until he draws his last breath. That of course will never happen.

FWFranz

P.S. I do speak with some experience about the temptations that exist in the music business. At one time I managed a world famous rock band that toured the world several times and hobnobbed with all the rock royalty.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

He still sings "Cream"? Oh he such a good little jw. And yeah, I think he still uses that knock off pagan symbol. He's another fine example of a famous and wealthy jw who can do whatever the freak he wants to do. Conservative is not the word for it.

Cream

This is it
    It's time 4 U 2 go 2 the wire
    U will hit
    Cuz U got the burnin' desire
    It's your time (Time)
    U got the horn so why don't U blow it
    U are fine (Fine)
    U're filthy cute and, baby, U know it

CHORUS:
    Cream - Get on top
    Cream - U will cop
    Cream - Don't U stop
    Cream - Sh-boogie bop

U're so good
    Baby, there ain't nobody better (Ain't nobody better)
    So U should
    Never ever go by the letter (Never ever)
    U're so cool (Cool)
    Everything U do is success (Ooh)
    Make the rules (Rules)
    Then break 'em all cuz U are the best
    Yes U are

CHORUS

Look up in the air, it's your guitar

Do your dance
    Why should U wait any longer?
    Take your chance
    It could only make U stronger
    It's your time (It's your time)
    U got the horn so why don't U blow it (Go on and blow it)
    U're so fine (U're so fine)
    U're filthy cute and, baby, U know it (U know it)
    Come on

Cream - Get on top
    Cream - U will cop
    Cream - Don't U ever stop
    Cream - Sh-boogie bop

Cream {x2}
    Cream - Sh-boogie bop

Cream {x2}
    Right there
    Cream - Don't U stop
    Cream - Sh-boogie bop
    Boogie

Cream - Sh-boogie bop {fade out}
    Cream, baby

• wasblind
    wasblind

Funny how the WTS can overlook prince , prancin' round in high heels

• wasblind
    wasblind

Great catch Josie,

looks like the " PRANCIN' PRINCE " need to go over his playlist once again

wit a fine tooth comb

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeah, a song about a chick giving a guy a blow job is such a cream...I mean clean song.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The WTS overlooks songs of praise bout blow jobs, when proceeds

can benefit them. Prince has deep pockets

as for the non-famous rank and file, MISSIONARY POSITION only

BTTT

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Michael Jackson grabbing his crotch and holding it a long time shocked me more. Perhaps b/c I have trouble understanding words in rock music. There should be a JW Prince contest. Every particpant must sing such songs in the Kh while holding their crotches. When it comes to the elders, invoke the Jackson/ Prince defense.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

If what is printed in this article is true about Prince,he's a typical J.W. Fanatical about some things,but lax where it suits him.

Yeah,if he were really a J.W. he wouldn't be doing any shows.

It kind of irritates me when Witnesses make a big deal about athletes or musicians who are studying or have become Witnesses. But,when one is raised a Witness, any dreams of them being a musician,or athlete,etc. are totally squashed at the beginning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit