this is horrible!

by independenthinker 15 Replies latest jw friends

• jemba
    jemba

I come from such a homophobic JW family, their intolerance always disturbed me, now it just disgusts me.

They dont seem to understand that the attraction to a person of the same sex could happen to anyone. Even the youth book talked about being attracted to same sex persons so at least they acknowledged it.

These comments were exactly the kind of comments I grew up with, no tolerance or love. They love to bully those who are different to them. So haughty, arrogant, unloving. I bet Jesus would be disgusted with their attitude too.

• cantleave
    cantleave

That was me as a teenager until I was in my late 20's.

Then I started working with a gay guy, he was intelligent fun and in a stable relationship. He was nothing like the stereoptype projected through the Watch Tower. I realised that I was just a biggotted asshole.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What's the big deal about gay people living among us? Nothing. First, there is no way the whole human race is ever going to become 100% gay. And, having people that choose homosexuality is not a threat of any kind. So long as they don't try and force me into it, I don't see a problem--and I don't see it as "filthy".

This issue reminds me of when I worked at an ice-cream place. One customer wanted peanut butter sauce on watermelon sherbet, and my co-workers got grossed out. My attitude is that the customer wants peanut butter on watermelon sherbet, and it was no harder than making hot fudge on vanilla. And no judgment--even though I didn't want it myself, I just made the product and served it. All about personal preference, which can change with time.

Whether someone is gay is no more my business than it was for that customer that wanted peanut butter on watermelon sherbet. I was in the position to deliver it, so I did. When the co-workers were judging the customer for wanting something that was "gross", I felt it was not their business since they were not the ones that were going to eat it. The same for homosexuality--it makes no difference to me, since I am not the one that is going to do other men. And, for those who enjoy sex with other men (or women, in the case of lesbians), you have every bit as much right to enjoy it without judgment.

Shame on the Washtowel for putting out this kind of rubbish. Shame on Christi-SCAM-ity, Judaism, and Islam for preaching homophobia. It is no more your damn business than it is for someone that wants unusual toppings on their ice cream.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Jamiebowers: Your right!! I never thought about the whole association of Pediophiles (World wide) in the BORG. Good point.

Kojack

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

This reminds me of a talk a few years back when the speaker happily announced that in the New System, "THE GAYS WILL BE GONE!"

Ugh.

And it reminds me of a more ecent talk in which the speakers whines about how homosexuality and homosexuals are so accepted. He proudly states that 'even if the whole world turned gay, WE wouldn't!'

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yah, they are too busy keeping the congregation "clean" by kicking out the "deviants", further fragmenting families and leaving parents broken-hearted and bereft.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit