Personal Attacks

by Band on the Run 19 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Band, I'm sorry you were personally attacked. I saw that.

On your views---I consider them neither conservative nor liberal---but CONSTITUTIONAL. I believe that is why liberals and conservatives have both come out on the same side of the issue. It was an odd feeling---completetly agreeing with James and BTS---LOL---but it is a big universe and was bound to happen.

Feel better. Pain makes everything harder, and doing things like defending the Constitution can be a great distraction. I mean--some people read or take up knitting---YOU chose to defend the Constitution. You need a parade.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent
    Band on the Run - A Bible Student and others could not argue with the merits of my position on the First Amendment and targeting a single religion to lose tax exemption. This is one area of law I know well. A Bible Student and others could not trounce me on the merits.

Hi Band on the Run, I am sorry that you are in pain and using medication, even though you probably would not believe me.

I always liked the saying "The Truth is what you believe it to be". You believe that I was personally attacking you, and I believe that I was asking you to assess your writing style and logic development because you are taking pain medication. You believe that your posts refuted what I wrote, and I believe that your posts did not.

No one forced you to post to the threads about signing the White House petition. Your post in the following quotes and in bold is probably the best and shortest example of why I was concerned about your state of mind.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/politics/225023/6/URGENT-Please-Sign-White-House-Petition-to-Protect-Americans-from-Dangerous-Cults-Modify-USC-Title-26-c2a7-501-Tax-Exemption-Requirements

Band on the Run - Well, I am a woman so no matter what I do know on a specific area, it does not matter b/c I am woman and must err. A man can never be misguided.

Further invasion of privacy from me is ordered. Sadly, this was never a dialogue. The majority of posters disagreed with you. I was not the lone voice of reason. Sign your petition. I don't care. Your repartee is lacking. Read the comment before your recent posts.

You are not James Woods or Botchtower. There is no sport.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Snoozy
  • GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

BOTR, I fappreciate that you share your expertise with the law. Being able to explain it in layman's words, while dealing with chronic pain, is quite an accomplishment. I hope the adjustment to the pump works for you!

• Violia
    Violia

I am seeing a doc soon about the possibility of a neuro stimulator implant. Living in pain and on meds is "a hard old way to go".

Hoping the pump is working correctly now.

V

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Snoozy, those words are so true!

BOTR, I'm sorry you are having your unfair share of personal attacks. It really sucks, and to have to deal with them when you are in pain, makes it even harder to deal with. I hope that Snoozy's words will help you understand that it is not always our problem, but is usually the problem of the ones who are being mean and unreasonable.

I hope that your pain becomes more tolerable soon.

Take care of yourself!

Violia, I also hope that you feel better soon!

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

I'm sorry you're getting attacked so much, BOTR.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I stay away from all those positical threads because arguing over politics is fruitless IMO.

Sorry to hear you're in so much pain, BOTR. I hope you're able to manage it with appropriate pain medication.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Band, listen to Madea, honey. (She's based on Tyler Perry's very real aunt.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHE5gxmvEQ8

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Hi Band on the Run, I hope you are feeling better and that you come back soon. It is ok to disagree with someone but it should never get personal. I miss to read your point of view on different issues. Take good care of yourself

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit